Slide controller value?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
gre

Slide controller value?

Post by gre »

Hi guys,
SunVox is an awesome software :)

Is there any way I can slide my controller values?

I mean, right now I can hear the "jump" between two "tick" because the controller value is changed without smooth transition.
Any way I can do this with SunVox?

Regards,
gre
El Nino

Re: Slide controller value?

Post by El Nino »

If you are finding that the slider values changing can be heard too much from one line to the next increase BPM. If your song is 140 BPM, try 280 BPM or 560 BPM. The slider is recorded at the resolution of one value per line so making the line length musch shorter will make the changes sound smoother. You will have to write your pattern in a different way - 280 BPM 4 lines is now 8 lines, - 560 Bpm original 4 lines is now 16 lines.

Underneath is some information you probably already know but maybe someone new can browse forums and find it and maybe it will be useful.

Recording 'live' movements of the sliders.

Sunvox will record the movements of the sliders into a separate pattern under the pattern with the notes in it.
put the song position marker before the part you want to record slider movements into so you have some time to get ready.
Hit record, move the slider around. Hit record again to finish.

Drawing automation on the tracks by hand

In the pattern editor input the module and controller you want to effect.
If you want to draw automation for module 01 panning (controller 3) for the length of 64 lines you first input 010300 on the first line, highlight it, edit, duplicate.
then wrench - hide/show levels. Then draw the automation in by hand.

Using interpolate ctrl values

(In a 64 line pattern) Get the module and controller information on every line as before. Put the values of several different points. Like line 00 filter cutoff is at zero, line 32 filter cutoff is at 50% by the 65th line filter cutoff is back to 25%. To access the 65th line (displayed as 64, because the first line is 00) go to wrench - pattern properties increase "number of lines" value by one. Enter you filter cutoff value (25% =2000) on that last line. Highlight from the line 00 down to and including line 32 Hit wrench - edit - interpolate control values. Next, highlight from line 32 down to and including the 65th line (64) hit wrench - edit - interpolate ctrl values. You have a smooth linear change from one value to the next. Go to wrench - pattern properties - reduce number of lines by 1.