Re: SUNVOX V1.7: DEVELOPMENT STATUS

Post by NightRadio »

offthesky,
thank you very much for these sketches!
Of course i will explore them in detail
tefman3d

Post by tefman3d »

Any chance you will add the ability to map midi in cc to different controls in sunvox?
on the ipad? I could play sunvox thru my eigenharp / various windsynths then........ which would be stellar...

excellent work on sunvox. The interface reminds me of max/msp, houdini, and Dr. T's old sequencer for the C64, but much, much better!

thanx v much -tefman
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Any chance you will add the ability to map midi in cc to different controls in sunvox?
Of course :) I'll add this request to the SunVox to-do list.
Darkhog

Re: SUNVOX V1.6.4: DEVELOPMENT STATUS

Post by Darkhog »

It'd be nice if we would be able to import MIDI files. Sampledata of instrument used on specified track (1 track would be equal to one pattern in Sunvox) will be converted to Sampler instrument.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

I agree with DarkHog - a midi importing function would be great - we already have a MIDI export function, right? Anyway, that, plus tempo syncing, adding the config file properties to the Preferences window, and bumping up the BPM max from 255 would be great additions.
Zhuinden

Post by Zhuinden »

Hello!

I've come to report some strange bug that has emerged in Sunvox v1.6.2 and above.
SunVox is only willing to play a sound if nothing else is currently using the sound (Firefox, Foobar2000, etc. have to not be in the middle of a song paused for example) and once SunVox starts up and works, Foobar2000 says "Unrecoverable Playback Error".

Meaning, the SunVox sound engine is really picky and works only if it's alone, and doesn't let anyone else work.
I'm not sure why this happens, but it's an annoying glitch. It's the reason why I often use v1.6.1 despite how v1.6.2 introduces many generator types.

I hope it will get fixed.. thanks in advance! :)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Zhuinden,
may be the problem is that the SunVox 1.6.2 uses ASIO? Check your audio-driver in About dialog of SunVox.
If so, you can always switch back to DirectSound. Just change the config file as described here: http://www.warmplace.ru/wiki/sunvox:man ... figuration
Zhuinden

Post by Zhuinden »

NightRadio wrote:Zhuinden,
may be the problem is that the SunVox 1.6.2 uses ASIO? Check your audio-driver in About dialog of SunVox.
If so, you can always switch back to DirectSound. Just change the config file as described here: http://www.warmplace.ru/wiki/sunvox:man ... figuration
Thank you! That worked! :)
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

A great thing for 1.6.4 would be note offset start and cutoff.
For example: C4 80 01 00## AABB

##:
std.effect

AA:
start of note in milliseconds

BB:
end of note in milliseconds

The purpose of this would be to make faster rythms.
benjabones

Post by benjabones »

Hi there! I'm really excitable about the sidechain compressor! my ipod has become the perfect travel companion since sunvox, so when do we get the joy of version 1.6.4?
Benjabones

Post by Benjabones »

Oh, and will there be filter envelopes included in the next release? thanks!

ps, I usually produce on Logic and Ableton with the help of a million plug-ins, but have been trying to plough through a serious creative block for about a year. Since this came along, i haven't put it down! I'm actually writing music again on my iPod of all things!!! Thanks Alex. It goes to show that sometimes the simpler solutions are often the best! I can't wait to post my work!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

I think, Envelopes and Realtime recording will be in v1.7. Just after the 1.6.4.
1.6.4 will be released very soon - it is not so big version, although a lot of useful features will be in it.
Benjabones

Post by Benjabones »

Well in that case, I look forward to both releases. Thanks again, I'm finally inspired!
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

It's been 99% for awhile now - I hope it's going to get released soon...
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Sorry for delay :) I've been away, and now waiting for Apple approval.