Input module bug on iPadOS 15.6.1

Found a bug? Post it here.
johan_s

Input module bug on iPadOS 15.6.1

Post by johan_s »

I'm having an issue with the input module on iPad (iPad 9, newest sunvox etc.) -- adding an input to a project causes the whole project to change in pitch and slightly increase in tempo. Even after deleting the input, this remains the case with all projects loaded until I quit sunvox and reload a project. Occasionally (maybe a few times a month) this bug also produces itself without any input module, but I can't find out how to reliably reproduce this. I assume it's something to do with buffer size (currently on Auto) or something happening with the ipad cpu, but I don't know what to do to avoid the issue. I don't use the input module much, but this bug basically makes it impossible to reliably record jams or custom samples inside sunvox. Any help is appreciated
jugger

Re: Input module bug on iPadOS 15.6.1

Post by jugger »

You are right. It happened to me too with 9th gen iPad but not with 6th gen. Seems like a sample rate issue with this particular model.

If you go to preferences—> audio and force the sample rate to 48000 hz instead of 44100 hz, it might fix the issue.
johan_s

Re: Input module bug on iPadOS 15.6.1

Post by johan_s »

:beer: changing the sample rate to 48k seems to fix it, cheers. Sometimes the bug does produce interesting results, but usually not what I’m looking for