glide: reccorded track is different from what you played

Found a bug? Post it here.
cockroach

glide: reccorded track is different from what you played

Post by cockroach »

Does the Glide module have a problem recording what you played? I think it does. After experimenting with different bpm's sample rates Etc, it seems like the Glide module has problems the recording what you played especially on very quick note transitions. This is easily discernible by putting a sampler on the output and then comparing sample and what is recorded in the track.
Polyphony is set to OFF on the glide module.

This is on the Android version latest 1.9.6. Doesn't seem to matter whether I'm using a Bluetooth keyboard or the on-screen keyboard. I have tried putting a multi synth in front of the Glide module and recording that but that doesn't seem to make any difference. The Glide module still drops notes

I had to comvert the recorded sample to an ogg file to get around forum file size limits
Attachments
glideSampleCompareBug.sunvox
(57.19 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
cockroach

Re: glide: reccorded track is different from what you played

Post by cockroach »

you can see a video of this problem here: https://youtu.be/A1PvQxeC40Q
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Please try to decrease TPL to 3 or even to 2
cockroach

Post by cockroach »

NightRadio wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:06 am Please try to decrease TPL to 3 or even to 2
yes that worked if I also double the time grid in project properties. I mean the metronome is correct again. I notice most of your projects are in 6 tpl. An I missing anything by setting it to 3? I`l have to read up on how that works.

cheers,
thomas
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

6 TPL is ok for most of cases :)
But this is not always well suited for recording, especially with fast note combinations - the time resolution of the pattern grid is insufficient in such cases.
3 TPL -> shorter line length -> higher speed (number of lines per bit) -> higher resolution for recording
You can also stay TPL the same, but increase the BPM.