"sunvox_for_old_cpu" exe missing in sunvox_1.9.6c / linux_x86_64

Found a bug? Post it here.
Newk

"sunvox_for_old_cpu" exe missing in sunvox_1.9.6c / linux_x86_64

Post by Newk »

Hi! really curious about the new version, but
in 1.9.6c folder of linux_x86_64 there is only one executable... i can only use the "for_old_cpu" variant on this pc (no ssse3) i normally run sunvox on here,
but that one is missing :o
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: "sunvox_for_old_cpu" exe missing in sunvox_1.9.6c / linux_x86_64

Post by NightRadio »

This is a similar case as here: https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5654
I just added the file to the distribution - please download it again.
But I can't promise that this version (linux x86_64 without ssse3) will be supported in future updates :(
As I said earlier, I am gradually removing the rarest combinations from the distribution...

What is your cpu?
Newk

Post by Newk »

this CPU is an Athlon64X2 5000+
even tho it is 15years old :shock: it still is very usable

Thank you for putting it back in for me!! <3 :angel:
i understand that compiling all the different versions of the executables is taxing and you rather focus on the more common ones.
I really did enjoy using SunVox on my old phone (WindowsCE) it really felt like i could use all the power of that little thing in my pocket.

i am curious what of the Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3 is used in SunVox to make it more efficient to all the cpu's that benefit from it
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

this CPU is an Athlon64X2 5000+
even tho it is 15years old :shock: it still is very usable
Yes, I understand. On the one hand, I want to support as much old hardware as possible. On the other hand, some configs are used extremely rarely, but at the same time they need to build a separate version of the app.

i am curious what of the Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3 is used in SunVox to make it more efficient to all the cpu's that benefit from it
Some instructions speed up generator synthesis algorithms. I personally don't use them - the compiler does it for me :)