Cannot find Sunvox project when running Sunvox in AUv3 host

Found a bug? Post it here.
GovernorSilver

Cannot find Sunvox project when running Sunvox in AUv3 host

Post by GovernorSilver »

On IOS it seems like Sunvox, when used standalone, stores project files in a different location than when it is used as an AUv3 plugin.

When I save a project in AUv3 mode, the project does not appear in SunVox when I open SunVox standalone. The reverse is also true - when I save a project in SunVox standalone, I cannot open the project in SunVox when running it as AUv3.

From talking to other users it seems this is a known problem.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Cannot find Sunvox project when running Sunvox in AUv3 host

Post by NightRadio »

On IOS it seems like Sunvox, when used standalone, stores project files in a different location than when it is used as an AUv3 plugin.
This is not a bug of SunVox. It's a "feature" of iOS :)
In the AU plugin, please use Export/Import -> System export/import:
system export to transfer file from AU to standalone;
system import to transfer file from standalone to AU.
erikjms

Re: Cannot find Sunvox project when running Sunvox in AUv3 host

Post by erikjms »

NightRadio wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:55 pm This is not a bug of SunVox. It's a "feature" of iOS :)
Oh I love/hate iOS. Still. After all these years.

Can you say where those AUv3 projects are stored on the iOS file system? For those of us intrepid folk who jailbreak our devices because iOS' "features" cause us to tear our hair out?

I can of course export them, but for the sake of disk space, it'd be nice to know where to just go get them. I have looked in the Data directory for the app itself--which is also exposed in the Files app--and in the AppGroup directory where apps can share data with other apps by the same dev, but I don't see a sunvox or warmplace directory in the AppGroup directory at all.

Of course if this is classified info then nevermind. :)