iOS 13 Audioshare (no SunVox in "Open with" dialog)

Found a bug? Post it here.
nunrgguy

iOS 13 Audioshare (no SunVox in "Open with" dialog)

Post by nunrgguy »

Hi
Not. Sure if this is a bug or if the functionality was removed with files app integration
I used to send samples to sunvox from Audioshare and it would open them in a sampler.
Now SunVox no longer appears is the Audioshare list so I’m unable to send anything Across,
iPad Pro 10.5 iOS 13.3.1
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: iOS Audioshare

Post by NightRadio »

Not sure if this is a bug or if the functionality was removed with files app integration
Hm... At least it works on my iPad with iOS 12.4.5.

I used to send samples to sunvox from Audioshare and it would open them in a sampler.
Uncompressed WAV?

Now SunVox no longer appears is the Audioshare list
Сould you show me a screenshot of this list?
nunrgguy

Re: iOS Audioshare

Post by nunrgguy »

The File is too large to add a screenshot attachment from an iPad...I don’t know I think it might be an iPad thing, grooveride has gone from the list as well. I’ve done a full reset on the iPad now and both still aren’t there in the list.

Straight uncompressed wav but that wot have anything to do with it. SunVox is not in the share sheet- share sheets changed quite a lot with iOS 13.

Audioshare: copy to button: spin top list to the right: more: select app to share to from list: no SunVox

...I can confirm this is something to do with share sheets - if I try to share a wav from Documents SunVox does not appear in the share sheet there either. The only way I can do it is with “save to files” and then going via the files app/load into SunVox. I can’t share directly as I used to with a sampler with the sample loading up automatically
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: iOS 13 Audioshare (no SunVox in "Open with" dialog)

Post by NightRadio »

This seems like a big "improvement" to iOS 13...
Here is a description of very similar problems from other users: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/118932
Possible reason: if other apps register themselves as the creator of the WAV, the app that was installed last will work, while the others will not.
Possible workaround: reinstall SunVox; or remove (and reinstall later) all other apps that can import WAV.
I will try to find another solution soon...
queries

Post by queries »

Ah, so that’s why WebEx opens up on my phone when I tap “open in SunVox” after I download a SunVox project. Lovely. Thanks for the iOS 13 insight NightRadio. :)
nunrgguy

Post by nunrgguy »

I’ve been in touch with the developer of Audioshare. He says it’s a bug in iOS. It’s pretty frustrating because I’ve found that the functionality works as one would expect on my iPhone but it’s broken on iPad. For now I’ll have to share to files and then open in SunVox ....or try uninstallling everything as you suggest but I’ll have to back up everything first.