USB Interface Audio Driver Issues

Found a bug? Post it here.
Jash

USB Interface Audio Driver Issues

Post by Jash »

Hi.

Whenever I open Sunvox the sound inside Sunvox itself is fine, however when I leave Sunvox every other sound source is crackling severely. I know it's something to do with sunvox affecting my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd gen I think) USB interface driver as the way to fix this issue every time is to re-install the driver for it. The speakers and headphones I mainly use are connected to this interface.

Also other sound outputs such as my USB gaming headset are not affected by this crackle so the computer's audio drivers aren't being affected, just my USB interface.

The driver that works for me latency-wise is ASIO in Sunvox, but maybe I need to change this and/or the buffer size? I just wish every time I opened sunvox I didn't have to reinstall my USB interface driver.

Almost forgot to say this is running Sunvox on Windows 10.

Cheers.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: USB Interface Audio Driver Issues

Post by NightRadio »

Whenever I open Sunvox the sound inside Sunvox itself is fine, however when I leave Sunvox every other sound source is crackling severely.
What will happen if you try to open/close some other app with ASIO support? The same issue as with SunVox?

maybe I need to change this and/or the buffer size?
Set buffer size to "Auto" - this is the best choice for ASIO.
You can try to change the Sample Rate.
You also can try to use ASIO4ALL instead of Focusrite driver.