Android: Restored session is often outdated.

Found a bug? Post it here.
Saltbearer

Android: Restored session is often outdated.

Post by Saltbearer »

When I choose to restore my previous session, it's often far behind the progress I had actually made, forcing me to load from a manual save.

I don't remember encountering this issue prior to 1.9.5 - I used to have a habit of restoring, then saving before creating a fresh project, just to be on the safe side. Not so safe anymore... at least if I were to manually overwrite and lose progress, I keep backups in cloud storage!

I'd guess this is related to SunVox sessions now remaining open in the background, maybe a conflict with Android killing unfocused processes? I'm not sure exactly how much rollback there is, like if it's to the first time the app was unfocused, or to an old manual save, or a point at which it closed itself... might play around with that.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Android: Restored session is often outdated.

Post by NightRadio »

Hm... interesting...
1) Do you always leave the SunVox in the background? Don't you use the BACK button to close it?
2) Is autosave (in SunVox preferences) disabled?
3) What Android version do you use?
Saltbearer

Post by Saltbearer »

1) I feel like I do usually use the back button to exit properly, but I may just not be conscious of leaving it to close on its own.
2) Yes, autosave is disabled.
3) 8.0.0 on a Galaxy S8, more software info
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Ok, thank you!
I'm trying to understand how this can happen...
SunVox opens the previous session and immediately deletes this file from the disk.
So three cases are possible:
1) previous session was successfully opened (and file is deleted);
2) previous session not found (in case of SunVox crash) - template will be opened;
3) previous session is broken (file is damaged due to SunVox crash) - error message will be displayed.
But how to restore some outdated session - this is the question...