ios auv3 container app audio scrambled [FIXED in 1.9.5c]

Found a bug? Post it here.
Quartzite

ios auv3 container app audio scrambled [FIXED in 1.9.5c]

Post by Quartzite »

Hello! I've been using SunVox inside apematrix and have been noticing a weird problem. If SunVox is generating audio it causes glitching in the streams of other apps. Note that this happens even when the gain on my SunVox instance in apematrix is completely down. As soon as sunvox stops receiving notes the issue resolves. I have made sure SunVox is not wired to send midi/audio to any app. I'm not close to max processor and my buffer is high.

This happens with most other synth apps (Troublemaker, Noir, Zeeon to name a few). It doesn't always seem to happen tho it seems pretty consistent. The SunVox patch doesn't really seem to matter as far as I can tell.

Let me know if I can help anymore understanding this! I'm so looking forward to using SunVox a lot with this update.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: ios auv3 container app audio scrambled

Post by NightRadio »

I have similar symptoms in AUM.
It seems like some kind of problem with buffer fragmentation while receiving MIDI notes from AU host.
I will try to fix it soon.
Quartzite

Post by Quartzite »

Thanks for the quick reply NightRadio! I'm glad its not just me :) . Glad its being looked into
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

I believe it's fixed now in 1.9.5c :)
Quartzite

Post by Quartzite »

Sadly playback of other AUv3s seems still buggy when using sunvox. The problem now is that my other AUv3s will only play back if sunvox is producing audio. If there is no playback in sunvox the other AUv3s are silent. They are not playing through sunvox. I tested this in ApeMatrix with Rusmaker Noir.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info :)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

The problem now is that my other AUv3s will only play back if sunvox is producing audio.
So now there is no bug with glitching in the streams of other apps?
Quartzite

Post by Quartzite »

There is still a bug where sunvox is effecting the audio of other apps in AUv3, but the bug is different now.

There is no glitchyness of the other app audio when sunvox is playing. Now, other apps do not play back at all unless sunvox is also playing.
Quartzite

Post by Quartzite »

I took a video before work to try to demo the bug! My apologies for the low audio, but you can hear that the kick drum from Ruismaker Noir is interrupted by sunvox. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxRp11pb5NU
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Thank you for the video!
Now, other apps do not play back at all unless sunvox is also playing.
This is very strange :( Because there is only one difference between the sounding and silent mode in SunVox: in silent mode it sets kAudioUnitRenderAction_OutputIsSilence flag in the AU render block. Possible some bug in apematrix?... hm...
Quartzite

Post by Quartzite »

I haven't had this issue with any other AUv3 in apeMatrix, for what its worth. That being said, you are right that the issue seems to be only in apeMatrix. I don't have the issue in Aum.

Thanks for looking at this. I'll send this issue to apeSoft as well. Hopefully it'll get fixed wherever the issue lies and I can start using sunvox for my productions :)
Quartzite

Post by Quartzite »

NightRadio wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:58 am This is very strange :( Because there is only one difference between the sounding and silent mode in SunVox: in silent mode it sets kAudioUnitRenderAction_OutputIsSilence flag in the AU render block. Possible some bug in apematrix?... hm...
Looks like you were right about the bug! Alessandro from apesoft got back to me today with this info:
Allesandro wrote: Hello,
I’ve solved the bug yes its depending from apeMatrix since sunvox will set a flag to silence and I don’t reset the flag so the silence is propagated to all AU chain.
I'm going to try out a beta of apeMatrix at some point soon to confirm the fix. Thanks again :)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Oh, that's great! :)
Quartzite

Post by Quartzite »

It is fixed in the latest testflight release candidate and I expect it will be out soon.

Now to dig into sunvox :) Thanks again!