On preview of instrument fm2.sunvox

Zodiac 2, Palm OS 5.2.7

Sunvox 1.7.5

Instruments are stored on an SDcard.

Same crash on:

space.sunsynth
space2.sunsynth
vintage_lead.sunsynth
... this continues with bass instruments, too, so I'll stop listing them. Likely all the same cause.
-Jace
Synthcrab

Re: Fatal Exception on instrument preview

Post by Synthcrab »

I have a very similar problem.
I can't load any .sunsynth files in the sampler anymore. Before, .sunsynth files wouldn't give any problems. .ix files still work fine.
This started happening a few days ago.
When i tried to preview a .sunsynth instrument, two CMD windows with text would quickly appear and disappear on my screen, and no sound would play.
I ran the program with the lofi_console and it said:

"ffmpeg is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file"
and
"avconv is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file"

When i tried to load the sound, Sunvox prompted me with a message saying that the sound file was not recognized, and asked if wanted to load it RAW (When i did i got a bunch of static). :cry:

I'm using a 2 Windows PC's (Vista and 8 OS) and the problem occurs on both of them.
Reinstalling Sunvox doesn't help ( i've been experimenting with Sunvox for only a few days now so nothing really was lost ).

I suspect that when you load a JPG, the pc doesn't associate .sunsynth files with Sunvox anymore. Just a hunch, because when i loaded a JPG file, the command window would briefly flash on my screen. Don't know what the text said though. I can't get it to show again.

But aside from this, i really like Sunvox! I've had a great time experimenting with it so far.
Thanks for making this awesome program Nightradio!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

to Jace:
i will test it. Thanks for info.

to Synthcrab:
Please don't try to load *.sunsynth files via the Sampler :) Because the Sampler is for the samples only. But the .sunsynth is full featured SunVox module.
I recommend to not use Sampler at all. Just double click on the Module View -> and then select some SunVox-compatible file (sunsynth, xi, wav, aiff, midi, mod, xm) - corresponding module will be created automatically
Synthcrab

Post by Synthcrab »

Yay it works again!
Guess i was just being noobish
Thanks for the quick reply :D
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

to Jace:
I found this bug. The problem is that fm2, space, space2 and vintage_lead synths are based on the MetaModule. But the MetaModule is not available in PalmOS version.
Please try the latest BETA: http://warmplace.ru/soft/beta/sunvox1.8.beta.zip
Now it just ignores these synths, and if you press LOAD - an empty module will be created.
Jace

Re: Fatal Exception on instrument preview [FIXED 22.10.14]

Post by Jace »

Yeah, I was starting to wonder if this was related to meta synths because I saw that that feature was unavailable on Palm OS (CPU limitation?). Thanks for putting a relevant handler on the instrument previews on Palm devices to avoid the crash.
-Jace
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Fatal Exception on instrument preview [FIXED 22.10.14]

Post by NightRadio »

I saw that that feature was unavailable on Palm OS (CPU limitation?)
Yeah, it is limitation of the system. Theoretically it is possible but i have no time for PalmOS hacking :)