Crossfade Loop not working right

Found a bug? Post it here.
jbw

Crossfade Loop not working right

Post by jbw »

Crossfade Loop in the Sampler isn’t working when the entire sample is selected as a Loop.

It works when I move the start of the Loop towards the middle of the sample, but I want it to cross fade and loop the entire sample.

Seems like it should work, but it doesn’t.
jbw

Re: Crossfade Loop not working right

Post by jbw »

I see this has already been posted:

https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5825
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

when the entire sample is selected as a Loop
I don't think it's possible, because in this case there is no place where the algorithm can take data for a smooth transition.
Yes, we can use the mirrored data (like a ping-pong loop) from the other end, but that will be a different function - crossfade2. And it will sound different (not always good). I can try to implement this.
jbw

Post by jbw »

NightRadio wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:57 pm
when the entire sample is selected as a Loop
I don't think it's possible, because in this case there is no place where the algorithm can take data for a smooth transition.
Yes, we can use the mirrored data (like a ping-pong loop) from the other end, but that will be a different function - crossfade2. And it will sound different (not always good). I can try to implement this.
I think it’s okay as is. I just didn’t understand how it works.

One thing I would like to see is an undo function for sample editing. A lot of time time when I do a fade or cross fade it doesn’t sound quite right, and there’s no way to undo the last edit so I have to start again. A quick undo would be helpful.