MaxGran - Ambient Granular/Glitch/Whirr/Wash

NeuroNoNeuro

MaxGran - Ambient Granular/Glitch/Whirr/Wash

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

So, I went and completely redid the last granular module. Lots of neat stuff here. Two types of granular effects, washes, filters, and space. While it can be used as a live-tool (I NEVER use those), it may have some issues. I just use it as an effect to create granular beds.

Controls/instructions are as follows:

GrainVolume: Volume-based granular clicks and pops "Overall Volume". Acts as an Aux-send to add/subtract from main signal.
GrainSpacing1: Volume-based granular clicks and pops "Spacing" - move slider left, more grains, move right, less grains
GrainSpacing2: Volume-based granular clicks and pops "Spacing" - move slider left, more grains, move right, less grains, adds more "random"

DistFreq: Lo-fi frequency range for each bit reduction (all kinds of grime). Move slider left for less depth.
DistBitDepth: Lo-fi bit-depth. Move slider left for less depth.

GranularFreqHP: Affects the volume-based granular effect and the lo-fi grime effect - from full signal to "highpass crispies"

MainFilterBP: A nice bandpass filter to affect everything coming through this module. Main input and lo-fi effect run through this.

GranLoopMainVolume: Loop-based granular clicks and pops "Overall Volume". Acts as an Aux-send to add/subtract from main signal.
GranLoopRndmVolume: Loop-based granular "chunks". Move slider right, smaller volume chunks, move left, bigger volume chunks
GranLoopRndmSpeed: Loop-based granular "chunks". Move slider right, smaller loop chunks, move left, bigger loop chunks
GranLoopFilterHP: Affects the loop-based granular effect - from full signal to "highpass crispies"

All of the above effects are before the following:

Freeze: Reverb "freeze" effect for drones/washes - switches "Freeze" on/off
FreezeWet: Adjust the amount of "Freeze" to your taste

SpaceVolume: A stereo reverb - adjust volume
SpaceSize: A stereo reverb - adjust room-size
Attachments
MaxGran.sunsynth
(15.24 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
Saltbearer

Re: MaxGran - Ambient Granular/Glitch/Whirr/Wash

Post by Saltbearer »

I played around with the signal from GrainControl... some vibrato... a pitch detector... eeheEhehehe
Attachments
maxgran as gen plus pitch detector from it to perty stringy.sunvox
(48.51 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
NeuroNoNeuro

Re: MaxGran - Ambient Granular/Glitch/Whirr/Wash

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

Saltbearer wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:36 pm I played around with the signal from GrainControl... some vibrato... a pitch detector... eeheEhehehe
This is a truly amazing modification to the MetaModule - great for some very abstract work!