Ambient Granular Module

NeuroNoNeuro

Ambient Granular Module

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

Alright, after reviewing the methods and techniques used on here to create granular synthesis backgrounds, I looked into working on my own variations thereof. One thing that I really wanted was a more 'clicky' granular synthesis if the situation calls for it, with the capability to also produce more of a pad/bed granular sound if I wanted that too. Well, this module can!

Place it as a regular effect in front of whatever you're using, adjust the Gran Dry/Wet to your taste, and start fidgeting with the controllers.
Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 9.23.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 9.23.18 AM.png (31.94 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
- The LoFi volume is a bit-reducer, and can be added in as little or as much as you want
- The HP Filter after that is to reduce the low-end of the input signal
- Grain Size/Speed is kinda weird, you'll get really microsound-esque results working with greater values, and the closer you get to zero, you get more pad/soundbed granules.
- Lowpass filter is to warm up the sound/remove crispies
- Loop controls are there for automating, in case you want to combine granular with rudimentary glitching
- Chorus is by @autumncheney, and it adds some nice depth
- Freeze is for creating more of a droning granular pad
- Space Depth is a nice warm reverb sound to squeeze a little more ooey-gooey / stereo out of the sound
SimpleGranLoop.sunvox
(23.87 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
Now, I hope this works on your end, and if it doesn't, it would be great if either you might fix it or let me know, and maybe I can. It works just fine over here, but y'know, things get weird sometimes when files are shared.
NeuroNoNeuro

Re: Ambient Granular Module

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

Internal volume may need a boost. Worked earlier, now very quiet.
a1matt

Post by a1matt »

Thanks for sharing all these granular metamodules, I look forward to having a play with them in the coming weeks.
NeuroNoNeuro

Post by NeuroNoNeuro »

a1matt wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:00 am Thanks for sharing all these granular metamodules, I look forward to having a play with them in the coming weeks.
Of course! These are really very rudimentary, clicky things. Nice for doing lots of stuff, though. Many thanks to @saltbearer and @autumncheney for looking into these more deeply.