Effects for SUNVOX 2.0

Trackerbound

Re: Effects for SUNVOX 2.0

Post by Trackerbound »

An updated Resonator that doesn't need note input.
Attachments
TB Resonator v2.sunsynth
(16.06 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Trackerbound

Post by Trackerbound »

A tool that annihilates separate frequencies or the entire mix. It can be useful while mixing to detect if all instruments in some frequency range sound clean enough.
Attachments
TB Overemphasizer.sunsynth
(9.07 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Trackerbound

Post by Trackerbound »

A pitch bend based off of Modulator's phase mode.
Attachments
TB Pitch Bend.sunsynth
(8.51 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Trackerbound

Post by Trackerbound »

An effect similar to Xfer's LFOTool that allows you to create custom LFO envelopes. You can draw your own waveform in the module 03.
Attachments
TB lfotool.sunsynth
(3.32 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Keres

Post by Keres »

I vote for the TB lfotool... as i find myself using it all the time now ;)

thanks
fuzion_mixer

Post by fuzion_mixer »

I present to you: sign2unsign

I got inspired to make this one, having been using traditional trackers that allow the user to change the sign of samples. Just send audio into these bad boys and watch 'em (in the words of SawZer) turn inside out!

---

- Controllers -

06 - Dry / Wet
07 - Input Limiter

Recommended Oscill. Modes: Lines, Goniometer

---

If the input signal goes over the 0dB threshold, it will literally overflow to the "opposite channel". You may or may not intend for this to happen, which is why I've included an Input Limiter controller to toggle this behaviour on or off.

I've also provided a Low CPU version in case anyone wants to use it on very slow devices. Of course, this also means that the resolution of the audio will be reduced. Notice how the dots are in a grid-like pattern as compared to the original Output and sign2unsign.

sign2unsign1.png
sign2unsign1.png (48.28 KiB) Viewed 4428 times

Since it's a WaveShaper module, the only controller you'll want to care about is 02 (Mix), which acts as a Dry / Wet control. Keep in mind that there's also no way to toggle the overflow behaviour like the one in the original sign2unsign.

Have fun! :good:
Attachments
fuzion_mixer sign2unsign (Low CPU).sunsynth
(866 Bytes) Downloaded 160 times
fuzion_mixer sign2unsign.sunsynth
(6.24 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
fuzion_mixer

Post by fuzion_mixer »

I present to you: Quantisation Modules! (unless NR decides to add it in a future update)

I got inspired to make this by a fellow SunVoxer in the Telegram group (thanks Weddinger Schule)!

As it is now, the MultiCtl is not capable of changing its Value range. My philosophy for this is that every controller range can be converted into usable quantisation modes for MultiCtl, one way or another.
Just connect this to a MultiCtl, and you're set! Do note that this is merely a proof-of-concept, not particularly suited for those on a filesize / CPU crunch.

---

- Controllers -
06 - Value
07 - Strict Quantisation (follows bit-specific range instead of 0 - 32768)
08 - Reset State (for selected quantisations)
09 - Sample Rate (Hz)
0A - Smooth
0B - Mode
0C - OUT Min
0D - OUT Max
0E - OUT Controller

---

- Quantisations -
1-bit (2-level) : Doable with Amplifier's Inverse controller
2-bit (4-level) : Included
3-bit (8-level) : Included
4-bit (16-level) : Included
5-bit (32-level) : Included
6-bit (64-level) : Included
7-bit (128-level) : Not included as of yet; Reverb has a controller for this
8-bit (256-level) : Included
9-bit (512-level) : Included
10-bit (1024-level) : Included
11-bit (2048-level) : Not included as of yet; Vibrato has a controller for this
12-bit (4096-level) : Not included as of yet; several modules have a controller for this
13-bit (8192-level) : Not included as of yet; several modules have a controller for this
14-bit (16384-level) : Not included as of yet; several modules have a controller for this
15-bit (32768-level) : Doable with MultiCtl
16-bit (65536-level) : Not included due to technical limitations

- Other Quantisations -
120-level
200-level
1200-level
5000-level
10000-level

Although some quantisations are still not available, the ones included in the zip should cover about 95% of use cases. Feel free to use or modify any of them if you so wish.

Have fun! :good:

---

01/01/22 - Fixes has been made to:
8-level
64-level
200-level
1200-level

The zip has been updated.
Attachments
Quantisation Modules.zip
(24.61 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Last edited by fuzion_mixer on Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

ADSR KeyTrack - a properly clamped (total output never exceeds 100% amplitude) Keytracked ADSR module! Use it as you would with a normal ADSR (Generator mode only). This module adds a DC signal that contains the base pitch of the note pressed. Also comes with the standard Pitch2ctl controls, so that you can tweak its behavior.

NOTE: This module only outputs at, or above the keytracked DC signal. It does not go below. 0 sustain level = pure keytracked DC signal
Attachments
SawZer ADSR KeyTrack.sunsynth
(5.72 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
synx

Post by synx »

YASM ~ (yet another simple master channel module)
Goal: I made this to have the simplest possible master HPF and limiter that is just controlled with input signal level, filter frequency. Included lookahead value to avoid clipping and a stereo width control from the output amplifier module.

Usage: Use as a master channel before Output, set project volume to 100%, Tweak controller 06 to taste. I tend to start low and increase until the loudness sounds right to me and looks good on the visualizer/levels.

Updates for SunVox 2.0: HPF is using new 6db filter mode in Filter Pro, Lookahead value available from Delay multiplier controller.
Attachments
SYNX YASM Master.sunsynth
(3.66 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
synx

Post by synx »

Guitar Amp Simulator
Goal: I made this to plug my guitar direct into my audio card and practice with. It sounds quite good though. Goal was to make familiar controllers to those already accustomed to available amp simulators.

Signal flow: Input > gate > compressor (controller tweaks both threshold and output level of the compressor) > mid boost (boost controller) > low cut > rectifier stage 1 > stage 2 > stage 3 (linked to gain and drive controllers) > power stage > lpf > reverb > 2 "cabs" (reverb modules) > EQ > Output

I'll likely update this later, but I've been using it the way it is for a while now. You can get some nice "clean" tones with it by keeping the gain high and lowering the drive. Playing around with the boost, gain, and drive controllers tends to shape the guitar sound the most.
Attachments
SYNX GuitarAmp.sunsynth
(26.72 KiB) Downloaded 157 times