I want to add this Synth: Philipbergwerf Harmonix
My daily job is voicing piano's and grands. That's the sound sculpting inside the instruments. Because of inharmonicity every instrument sounds different. For example a big grand sounds very 'bright/transparant' in the lower register while a very tiny babypiano is sounding more 'cramped'. My job is to let them sound the best by needling in the hammer-felt or removing some felt(sandpapering) to make the tone go 'open'. Normally in a string the overtones are slightly off the natural distribution. I wanted to explore the space between harmonic and inharmonic tones so I started to place sine-generators in the natural distribition.
Since the overtones are now seperated, it's possible to mix them one by one and aplying effects on them.
Attack/release and envelopes
• Attack | All harmonics are attacking at the same speed.
• Release | All harmonics are Releasing at the same speed.
• Attack envelope 1 | The attack is decreasing in speed. (1=short 15=long)
• Release envelope 1 | The release is releasing in increasing speed. (1=long 15=short)
• Attack and realease envelopes 2 | same but with longer envelopes
Polyphony can be set from 0 to 32.
The inharmonicity slider is setting random pitch to all harmonics in an upgoing line. (1=minimal random pitch 15= a lot of random pitch) This means: The higher the slider the, higher the inharmonicity.
Random harmonic panning
• Random harmonic panning | The amount of space for sunvox to pan randomly from left to right for every harmonic seperatly using random lfo's. If the slider is set to 0 the lfo's will automaticly turn of.
• LFO frequency | The lfo's are manipulating the panning for each harmonic and also a little the vibrato frequency to add some variation.
The vibrato is vibrating for every harmonic seperatly.
• Vibrato frequency | Is globally changing the frequency(it's also manipulated by the lfo)
• Vibrato amp = Vibrato amp
Harmonic volume and finetune
Harmonix is released in two versions.
• Volume version has volume sliders for each harmonic to make colors.
• Finetune version has mapped the finetune for each harmonic so you can build a church bell
More functions and have fun!
The multisynth blocks do have finetuned velocity curves(2) to make the tone go 'open' when note volume is higher.
There are more group controls inside the synth and you can experiment a lot/build your own synth! Have fun!