Pink Floyd Style Saw Lead (has a problem I need help with)

Rondobotic

Pink Floyd Style Saw Lead (has a problem I need help with)

Post by Rondobotic »

Hi Guys,

I have been working on a bit synth sound that I use often in my work and i am currently writing a small batch of works featuring this sound.

It is a pink floyd Saw lead style of thing similar to that used on 'shine on you crazy diamond'.

I have been working on perfecting a meta module to my taste however I am having some problems.

I am getting crackle during the modulations in the vibrato amplitude and frequency. (I have been making it on my ipad and thought the issue was cpu usage but I am getting it on my PC as well).

I have isolated all the modules and when I manually change the frequency and amplitude the sound crackles as the parameter changes.

I was hoping that some more experienced Sunvoxers may know what I am doing wrong along with sharing my simple lead.
Attachments
Froid-soar.sunvox
(7.26 KiB) Downloaded 450 times
monoben

Re: Pink Floyd Style Saw Lead (has a problem I need help with)

Post by monoben »

You're not doing anything wrong. It's the Vibrato module it crackles when you move the amplitude parameter or the phase. I posted about this a little while ago. In the end I just decided to keep the vibrato module set and not move any of the parameters while sound was coming out of it.