Prophet 5 Klang sound metamodule

RIL

Prophet 5 Klang sound metamodule

Post by RIL »

Hi. I am new to this forum but have been using Sunvox for over a year now and thinks it's an awesome modular system. Most of my projects end up either being created or mixed in Sunvox. I like the analogue synths and sounds it produces. I used to own a Prophet 5 and have a Vst of one for Ableton lite live. However I prefer Sunvox rather than Vst's and so decided to create a Prophet 5 metallic, clangy patch instead of using a sample. I have attached the result of my efforts below. Feel free to send feedback or any suggestions to improve it. It sounds best I think from C2 to C4 notes on the Sunvox keyboard. User defined controllers can be slightly tweaked to alter tonality of patch if one so wishes. A smoother pitch modulation is desired but not sure how to achieve this. Thanks. Best wishes to you all.
Dirk Mansfield
(Riot in London)
P.S. Check out our tracks on Soundcloud
Attachments
Prophet5klang.sunsynth
(11.38 KiB) Downloaded 607 times
yul

Re: Prophet 5 Klang sound metamodule

Post by yul »

Thanks for sharing. Intersting sounds and great patching under the hood. Not sure how I would use this in a mix but it's certainly the type of sounds I like to dial in.
RIL

Post by RIL »

Hi Yul. Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated. I am thinking this patch might work in a dark ambient kinda track, slowly morphing. A resonant bell type of clangy deep dark sound reminding me of one of Gary Numan's tracks on his I Assassin album entitled Music for Chameleons, the intro effect. is an experiment to see how close Sunvox synths can get to a patch on a classic analogue synth like the Prophet 5. It gets pretty close and sounds really better via the echo and reverb modules. To create analogue style pitch detuning is good on Sunvox. Under the hood, I have tried to set the modules up in a left to right sequence. It kinda works for me as its a bit similar to a hardware analogue synth. The Prophet 5 Poly Mod section is an interesting beast in itself which I would like to set up something similar on Sunvox.

P.S. Music for Chameleons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CI82hp6Wcw
DigitalNematode

Post by DigitalNematode »

Thanks for this. :)