Synth Clarinet Sound

manganoid

Synth Clarinet Sound

Post by manganoid »

Hi
this is my first post to share an instrument that I've made. It's pretty simple actually and I'm sure you have stumbled upon this sort of sound, but I hope you may find it useful. It's an FM synth Clarinet like sound, and it can even sound like Bari sax if you play two octave tones at the same time. You can hear the preview in my song on soundcloud (at the very beginning). Hope you enjoy
https://soundcloud.com/manganoid/dervish-z
Attachments
Clarinet metamodule.sunvox
Just a single FM module - Vibrato - Echo - Reverb
(2 KiB) Downloaded 818 times
gilzad

Re: Synth Clarinet Sound

Post by gilzad »

Very interesting. So many good metamodules came up here. Gotta comment more often.

Haven't downloaded the module yet, but from what I can hear in the song, it sounds convincing enough.

Regarding the song, I think you made a great job creating the oriental ornaments. Harmony wise I find it distracting, when you leave the Phrygian dominant scale at times but to some part that's just a matter of taste.

Can't wait to fiddle around with the module at home.
manganoid

Re: Synth Clarinet Sound

Post by manganoid »

Wow, Gilzad, thanx for the reply and for the comments and especially criticism, (harmonywise) I really appreciate it. I must say, I was impressed by the metamodules you've posted. I mean, mine is just a single thingy that resembles remotely an instrument, but yours are state of the art. I love em, especially the Exciter. Have no idea what U have done there, it looks as if you've used the distorsion modules to separate the signal into bands (as if they were an equilizer). Fascinating nevertheless. Again thanx for the tip and comment and I hope you and others find my module useful and above all, HAVE FUN :D
Great greetings and respect from manganoid