2016-2017 Compos?

chipthrasher

2016-2017 Compos?

Post by chipthrasher »

Hey guys!

I recently started making music with Sunvox and wondered when they're going to start doing competitions again. Is there a reason there isn't a 2016.04 or 2016.10 compo, or what? Thanks!

Chip

http://stereofield.co
squidmissile

Re: 2016-2017 Compos?

Post by squidmissile »

No one started up a compo. NightRadio hosted the last several competitions to collect music to include in the SunVox releases. But this past year he's been collecting instruments and metamodules to include in the SunVox releases.

Seriously though, anyone is free to startup a compo at anytime though. That's what this subforum is for. I've actually been thinking about hosting a compo, myself. Nothing big and spectacular, just something small. Like the Box 10 Compo and SunVox Compo #1 (2011.10). Something you could join for fun with no pressure. And something you could look forward to doing again. The prize? Bragging rights and a pack full of tunes (for everybody).

Again, it's only something I've been thinking about. But it's also something I'd like to see. I don't really know how to go about doing such a thing, though. But I'd be willing to give it a shot.
chipthrasher

Post by chipthrasher »

Sounds cool. Musical Android was going to do competitions, but it had seemed like they were just advertising the Warmplace ones. Now I see :D

Thanks!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

I think about the new compos :)
But the hard work on the software updates takes all the time... So may be later...
chipthrasher

Post by chipthrasher »

NightRadio wrote:I think about the new compos :)
But the hard work on the software updates takes all the time... So may be later...
Yeah. Looking forward to it when they come!
Zhuinden

Post by Zhuinden »

squidmissile wrote: I don't really know how to go about doing such a thing
Apart from designing the "voting system", I think it's pretty much just posting a topic here saying "xyz compo, deadline yxz, send submissions to blah@blah.com".

Or at least I don't think it's much more complicated than that. Collecting the votes used to need a form where you could vote from 1-5, or at least that's how it was on the previous one in 2015.10.