psytexx 2 and 1.8 questions/suggestions

Any topics and questions
DioCoN

psytexx 2 and 1.8 questions/suggestions

Post by DioCoN »

First, thanks very much for making this fine software :)

I was thrilled to see v1.8 had been released as 1.5 caused me to have to perform a soft reset immediately after loading it

I've read the help file for v1.8 and it says you can change the octave with keys ABC...but this doesn't seem to work, or more likely I'm simply doing it wrong....if you could explain it as if to an idiot ;)

as for psytex 2....

i have a tungsten e and it loads psytexx2 .01a perfectly.....everything seems to work except i can't load mods (or xm's if they're implmented yet) as it doesn't seem to see any, at least not on the internal memory and I'm sure they're there as v1.8 recognises them perfectly....as for XIs, or any other samples for that matter, it's the same....can't install them to a card as i don't have a card reader (just the palm itself) and psytexx doesn't have a hotsync conduit (i'm not sure if you can simply inform the OS that psytexx is supposed to handle the needed file types so that they won't be rejected when hotsyncing).......

the interface is pretty good, though user definable colour schemes would be awesome...

also, i'm hoping you can implement the retrig effect as it, along with sample offset, are two effects i use most......

regardless, it's great to see someone producing tracking software for the palm

thanks again :)

DioCoN
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Hi!
About octaves. May be i just maked bad description :) You can write A, B or C in the graffity area and get following results:
B - standart three MOD octaves ( octaves 1, 2, and 3 )
A - one octave down ( octaves 0, 1, and 2 )
C - one octave up ( octaves 2, 3, and 4 )

PsyTexx2.
As for XM, MOD and XI on the card - it is really bug, sorry :( These formats registereds in debug m68k PsyTexx version, but not in the normal ARM version. I'll fix it.
At the moment you can use the Files->PDB converter. And don't try to play MODs (PDB with MODs) from PsyTexx1.8 on the PsyTexx2 - it is unpossible.

Interface is with user definable colors :) Just install the back.bmp file (to internal memory) with your own background and color gradient in a lower line of your picture.

And... Retrig and sample offset are already implemented in PsyTexx2 (0.1) :)
DioCoN

Post by DioCoN »

Thanks for your quick reply. :) I'm now very happily using all of the available octaves.

I've converted an .XM into a .pdb (though I was hoping to know where ''Files->PDB converter" might be found - i used a java applet i found online to convert the .XM - as the mod2pdb.exe that comes with previous releases seems to strip all of the .XM data and leave the file as a basic .MOD show that it doesn't show up at all in .01a or v1.8) and it shows up on the palm in FileZ but not in Psytexx2....not mods listed, even *.* shows only a very few files and no .XMs......if you have any suggestion I'd be thrilled to hear them....maybe it's just a problem with the Tungsten E? or maybe it was the converter I used?

anyway, thanks again for your help :)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Please, don't forget about PsyTexx2 home-page :)
It is there:
http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/psytexx2/index.shtml
On this page you can find Files->PDB converter (specially for PsyTexx2), skins and fonts.
DioCoN

Post by DioCoN »

k, sorry about that, completely overlooked the files2pfb converter :)

it's working perfectly now! can't wait 'til sd support is fully implmented! :)

thanks again
EatOoze

Re: psytexx 2 and 1.8 questions/suggestions

Post by EatOoze »

Does PsyTexx II work on PalmOS 4.1 and below?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: psytexx 2 and 1.8 questions/suggestions

Post by NightRadio »

No, sorry. Only PalmOS 5.0 or greater.