an important announcement

Any topics and questions
AutumnCheney

an important announcement

Post by AutumnCheney »

so for pretty much as long as i've been making music, you all have known me as autumn. well, here's the thing. see, i was actually transgender. at least up until now. now, i'm detransitioning

i first considered myself transgender a few years ago, when i was deeply depressed and looking for something to give my life meaning. around that time, i latched on to the idea of gender dysphoria and began to believe that becoming a woman would solve all my problems with hating myself. i was also struggling with my heterosexual feelings (i wanted to be asexual) and i believed that becoming a woman would allow me to repress these feelings, whether by switching my sexuality or simply becoming the woman i would love

but that didn't help. none of that helped. instead, antidepressants and therapy and creativity helped me. and now, i don't want or need to be trans anymore. the social climate of the world certainly doesn't motivate me to be trans either, although this wasn't a major factor in my detransition

you can call me a, or aden (my male name). i'll also respond to autumn, but you shouldn't call me this anymore. online, i'll be going by acheney now (i'll change my username at some point)

i'm sorry to everyone i let down by saying this. i love you all

a
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
a1matt

Re: an important announcement

Post by a1matt »

Hello Aden :friends:

That certainly is an important announcement. Thank you for sharing.

I hope your detransition goes smoothly and you continue to find more and more happiness.