ArmZX - clie TG50 problems

Any topics and questions
gsm

ArmZX - clie TG50 problems

Post by gsm »

Hi !

first of all i have to congratulate you for making the most usable zx emulator on palm os :)
I am a new member of PalmOS devices now for 1 month and i came across your emulator.. i just love it..

but i have some problems..

the KEYS that clie has are those 4 stardard book, todo, calendar and note, and we also have UP/DOWN button between those 4 and a JOG DIAL (up / down / PUSH)... if i try to set KEMPSTON for my keys, i seem to ONLY BE ABLE to set those standard 4 , but other 5 there is no action put there.... so i guess this new 5 clie buttons are not those which u set the actions to ?

So we cannot play games that have like ACTION which has to be assigned to some button since we only have 4 awailable for up down left and rigth.... can u fix this ???

and like many of people using tungsten C and TG50 are wondering if would be possible to make the hardware keyboard make actions of this buttons to be linked to the emulator... so you could use buttons on the keyboard to give actions on the emulator (like ASWD for up down left right and space for ACTION)..

or at least if the ArmZX would remember keys assigned to every game installed on the system so we would not need to set the keys to the game every time we play more then 4 different games with different keys...

thanx
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Hi!

About keys... It's a hot topic :) Just i haven't enought free time at the moment. But i'll try to do it in the next ArmZX release!
gsm

Post by gsm »

NightRadio wrote:Hi!

About keys... It's a hot topic :) Just i haven't enought free time at the moment. But i'll try to do it in the next ArmZX release!
yes the feature would be nice :)
guess if you would make a little different approach to the KEY assigement... insted of showing the key that we can map, create a user LEARN key so we press that one, and then the key that system transfers to OS (the ID of the key pressed) and then that ID link to the spectrum key...

there is an app for key mapping called SharkBtn (http://www.ludustech.com/sharkbtn/) that has this way of assigning actions to key strokes, i think this is the best way, couse you can assign like SHIFT + any key , couse it gets its own ID to the system...

well, keep up the good work :)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

No problems :) I'll try to do what you want