mac input i/o config issues?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
mosg

mac input i/o config issues?

Post by mosg »

hello,
i use sunvox on pc/mac. on pc you can go to preferences -> audio and get dropdown menus for input/out. on mac, no drop down menu shows up and everything is stuck on auto. in order to make my audio interface the auto input in sunvox, i would set my audio input in mac system preferences -> sound. upon re-opening sunvox, it would detect my audio interface's input signal if i created an input module. however this workaround doesn't work in yosemite and i cannot receive incoming audio from my interface. anyone else experience audio i/o config in mac version??
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: mac input i/o config issues?

Post by NightRadio »

I will test it on my updated Mac as soon as possible
Madrayken

Post by Madrayken »

I have this same issue now, in March 2018. Any fixes?
queries

Post by queries »

I haven't run into this issue myself (running SunVox 1.9.3c and MacOS 10.13.3). Whenever I need a specific audio input, I select it in System Prefs (or from menu bar icon) as you described, then launch SunVox, then the audio is available via the Input module. (I actually just used this an hour ago for mic processing)

Have you tried other apps to see if they run into similar issues?

Also, what version of SunVox are you using? I might assume 1.9.3 but I have to ask just in case that affects things. :)
vichug

Post by vichug »

hey, using sunvox on Mac Yosemite (10.10.5), and no trouble using my soundcard input channel 1 /2. However, what i can say is that the whole system is quite easy to work with if you use Soundflower, and set Soundflower as default audio device. Then you can use it for sound routing in and outside Sunvox. But it should probably work as it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (sunvox 1.9.3c)