"Slide to note" function messing up pitch on notes [Windows 10 64-bit]

Found a bug? Post it here.
Twistervtx

"Slide to note" function messing up pitch on notes [Windows 10 64-bit]

Post by Twistervtx »

While I'm trying to add the "slide to note" effect on some specific notes, it ends up messing the pitch up from some notes farther up that use the same "slide to note" function. Here's a video demonstrating the glitch(?): https://streamable.com/6isy3 . I'd put the video as an attachment but it seems to be too big.

I'm just wondering if this is an intended quirk of the program, as I'm constantly replaying sections and having that pitch shift really messes with how I plan the song. Cheers in advance.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: "Slide to note" function messing up pitch on notes [Windows 10 64-bit]

Post by NightRadio »

This is not a bug :)
Effect 03 will slide a note being played on a track to a specified note NN. If NN is empty, the last NN (specified early for effect 03 in the same track) will be used. But in your case there is no last NN:

Code: Select all

NN VV MM CCEE XXYY
C4 -- 0F ---- ---- //Start note
-- -- -- ---- ----
-- -- -- 0003 0010 //Slide to NN, which is is empty here and it is not specified above, 
                   //so the behavior will be unpredictable.
A4 -- 0F ---- ----
Here is the correct use case:

Code: Select all

NN VV MM CCEE XXYY
C4 -- 0F ---- ---- //Start note
-- -- -- ---- ----
A4 -- 0F 0003 0010 //Slide to A4
-- -- -- 0003 0010 //...still sliding to A4...
Twistervtx

Re: "Slide to note" function messing up pitch on notes [Windows 10 64-bit]

Post by Twistervtx »

Ah, thank you for replying. Yeah, I'm still very much learning how to use Sunvox and am pretty much a beginner on trackers, so this is all new to me. I had a feeling it wasn't a glitch but I didn't know where else to post this issue, so thank you for helping me with this. Now I can get back to my song. Excitement!!