Click Removal

yoshi-amarillo

Click Removal

Post by yoshi-amarillo »

Hi! I like making very detailed filter automations. I was so excited when I tried SunVox, because its interface is so compact, it allows me to be as meticulous as I like to be (unlike FL Studio or all the like; those offer a workflow for other interests). Anyway, I was very disappointed when I found out that there is not an automatic anticlick function in SunVox, given that I generate lots of clicking noises with the filter (and that the same happens when using samples)... I wondered why "response" was set to 0 by default, and then I got it. I tried changing the attack time of the synths, but, sadly, the click noises generated, in my case, are so huge, that too much delaying is needed to clean the sounds.

In the meantime, I'll stick to varying velocities (which, to my ears, is not equal to the expresiveness that I want to achieve, but I like it). But, if there was a solution to this problem, SunVox would be even more amazing for me than it already is. I really appreciate the work behind this beautiful program, and I don't mean to be demanding, as if I took it for granted.

An example of how I like to write notes, done in FL Studio: https://soundcloud.com/nieve-casata/janitor-cover
queries

Re: Click Removal

Post by queries »

That's a really creative sound. I love it!

There are a lot of skilled users of SunVox that frequent these forums. I'd suggest creating a small project that has an example of the clicks you are experiencing, and posting it to this thread. Then others can hear exactly what you're describing, evaluate your module/controller setup, then hopefully offer advice. :)
yoshi-amarillo

Post by yoshi-amarillo »

queries wrote:That's a really creative sound. I love it!
Thank you!
queries wrote:There are a lot of skilled users of SunVox that frequent these forums. I'd suggest creating a small project that has an example of the clicks you are experiencing, and posting it to this thread. Then others can hear exactly what you're describing, evaluate your module/controller setup, then hopefully offer advice. :)
I'll do that. Actually, I've been thinking about making a SunVox version of the track I showed you (not an exact replica, for sure), as a way of transitioning and seeing how SunVox will affect my producing :)

Thanks for the tip!
Keres

Post by Keres »

using sub bass sounds with changing parameters is going to generate clicks. any time you have a low bass and then you play the note again, the phase is reset which causes a huge DC change and a POP or click. Buzz had(has) a really good realtime click-pop filter, but it does detract some fidelity from the overall sound. it's more of a mastering issue i think since most of the time i just hand edit them out in the .wav file. might be useful to have a de-clicker for the sub bass people.
Keres

Post by Keres »

you can select "retain phase" on an analog oscillator... seemed to help a little on my clicky sub just now. does still make some pops though
TheBlu30ne

Post by TheBlu30ne »

What you can try (I didn't try it myself tho) is to just check retain phase and connect a multisynth and try the phase parameter of the multisynth module. Try to get a phase that doesn't pop.