SunVox v1.8 BETA

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
NightRadio
Site Admin

SunVox v1.8 BETA

Post by NightRadio »

SunVox 1.8 BETA is ready for testing!
http://warmplace.ru/soft/beta/sunvox1.8.beta.zip
Available for Windows, Linux, OSX, PalmOS, Windows Mobile.
LAST UPDATE: 22 oct 2014 (minor bug fixes)

What is new:
  • audio engine has been switched to 32bit (Floating Point) mode on Android and iOS devices (except the slow devices without FPU);
  • other than 44100 sampling rate support for iOS and Android (only if the audio hardware supports it);
  • new Module View (Routing) functions: Zoom (with multitouch support), Snap to Grid;
  • MetaModule: EDIT button has been added; now you can edit MetaModules without annoying Loading/Saving;
  • MetaModule: additional options: Arpeggiator (change the pitch of internal MetaModule patterns), Apply velocity to song;
  • Sampler: the following options have been added: Record on play (use it if you want to record in sync with the PLAY button), Record in mono, Record with reduced sample rate, Record in 16bit;
  • SpectraVoice improvements: auto render, additional sample size, new band types (random, triangle1, triangle2, overtones1, overtones2, overtones3, overtones4);
  • Sound2Ctl: "Record Values" option has been added; now all values from this module can be recorded alongside with the other SunVox events (notes, Theremin, etc.);
  • offset commands (effect codes 09 and 07) support has been added to the following modules: Generator, Analog Generator;
  • MultiSynth: new controller "Random phase" has been added; for example, with this option you can play the Sampler's notes from the random position;
  • MultiSynth: new controller "Random velocity" has been added;
  • Analog Generator: new option "Filter freq. scaling per key (reverse)";
  • Analog Generator: new controller "Noise" - amount of the white noise;
  • new pattern command: Previous Track (displayed as <<); use it to apply effects to previous track; but the following secondary effects are not allowed: 2x, 40..5F, 1D;
  • new button in the Pattern Editor: Spec.Cmd - press it to insert a special command (Set Pitch or Previous Track);
  • additional MIDI slot has been added to the Preferences; now you can use two MIDI keyboards simultaneously;
  • Timeline section has been added to the Preferences;
  • new option: Preferences -> Timeline -> Show timeline (always show Timeline on the screen);
  • new keyboard shortcut: SHIFT + F9 - record start/stop;
  • new keyboard shortcut (pattern editor): SHIFT + [ - transpose octave down;
  • new keyboard shortcut (pattern editor): SHIFT + ] - transpose octave up;
  • new keyboard shortcut (pattern editor): CTRL + m - paste and mix;
  • new keyboard shortcut (pattern editor): SHIFT + k - insert the "Previous Track" special command;
  • new simple song examples: spectravoice2, metamodule_arpeggiator, metamodule_arpeggiator2, std_effect_multitrack, std_effect_multitrack2, std_effect_multitrack3;
  • new song examples: alchemy_masters, full_moon_night;
  • bugs fixed;
  • more in the final release...
monoben

Re: SunVox v1.8 BETA

Post by monoben »

Nice! trying it now :D
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Yessssss gotta try it out now!

EDIT: OK, how does the Metamodule Arpeggiator work? Holding down multiple keys doesn't do anything,...

EDIT 2: The Auto Refresh and new waveforms, along with the visual display makes the Spectravoice EXCELLENT to work with.

EDIT 3: On the subject of the Spectravoice, do all of the band types work? Seems like the new "Triangles" waveform doesn't sound any different from the normal Sin one, just like Rect has since I can remember.
Last edited by SolarLune on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
monoben

Post by monoben »

Could you include a desktop icon in the download? or maybe you have but I just cant find it?
monoben

Post by monoben »

Module grid mode is pleasing me a lot right now :)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Could you include a desktop icon in the download?
Sorry, not quite understand you :) For what?
monoben

Post by monoben »

On my linux box I have Sunvox as an icon on my desktop, I can click it and it launches Sunvox. But at the moment its just a generic image of a gear shape. Is there an official Sunvox icon?
The Handle

Post by The Handle »

Cool! Can't wait to try it out :)
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

Thanks for the new beta, Alex. Is there a way to add additional controllers for same machine via MultiCtrl? I.e. I want to control 2 or more parameters at their min/max settings all on same machine without having to pyramid stack MultiCtrl (i.e. connect multiple multictrl's to a single generator to separate out it's parameters so I can link them all into a single multictl to use as I wanted in the first place)...it seems like it should be part of that machine, to add extra parameters so each machine has option for more than just one parameter.
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

SolarLune:
how does the Metamodule Arpeggiator work?
MetaModule Options -> enable Arpeggiator
SolarLune:
do all of the band types work? Seems like the new "Triangles" waveform doesn't sound any different from the normal Sin one
You can hear differences on the large Bandwidth values :)
monoben:
Is there an official Sunvox icon?
Please try this: http://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/disk.png
hseiken:
Is there a way to add additional controllers for same machine via MultiCtrl?
No direct way now, sorry...
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

NightRadio wrote: MetaModule Options -> enable Arpeggiator
After I enable the Arpeggiator, what do I do then? Playing multiple notes doesn't create the effect - how does it work, exactly? What's the process? Or would I use the normal Arp standard effect?

Ah, I'll have to try large bandwidth values with the different signal modes.

Being able to edit Metamodules directly is awesome, by the way. Thanks a ton for the work you've done on this, Night!
samrai katt kovboy

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

HA HA HA
Very happy!
Thought thought that it would be some more time before this!
So many goodies but at a first glance must say that I am most excited about the easier editing of metamodules and to finally start to use the Spectravoice without the hassle of rendering by hand... ( yes am a lazy boy! ). Just great. Mixing a SUnVox song right now but as soon as that is over it is party time with me and the lovely version 1.8!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
sunlight

Post by sunlight »

Awesome update! Thank you, NightRadio!
z5h

Post by z5h »

Amazing work. Thanks you!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Thanks guys! :)

to SolarLune: please also set the Play Song controller to ON.