First (real) tunes done with Sunvox (added another one)

Share your music here
transient

First (real) tunes done with Sunvox (added another one)

Post by transient »

So firstly, lemme just say AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME Alexander. As someone who has been following your projects since back in the psytexx days I gotta say I'm completely blown away by what sunvox is at this moment. I finally got a decent device to play with it (treo 650, helped greatly by the physical keys) and fell totally in love. so I broke down and bought myself a cheap android tablet for the sole purpose of Sunvox-ing! :D Here is my first tune (for the most part) completed (it's got a bug here and there :P)
Plans are a full release made with Sunvox powered completely with solar (seems like a match made in heaven right?? :D)

https://soundcloud.com/transient/transi ... bs-beta-05

many thanks! PEACE!
Last edited by transient on Tue May 14, 2013 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreaseMonkey

Re: First (real) tune done with Sunvox (after all these year

Post by GreaseMonkey »

I'm curious as to how you get these ideas for beats.

Nice work, by the way.

Personally I find the PC version much easier to use... then again, I have a phone rather than a tablet. (Still, it's the only thing I've used that is actually usable on a phone - MilkyTracker for Android is completely and utterly useless.) How does it compare with respect to running it on a tablet compared with running it on a PC?
transient

Post by transient »

Hehe, thx grease monkey. :)
I don't know where the ideas come from, I've just got beats running through my head nonstop and I try my best to bring them out ;p
I agree, its definitely easier to use on a PC, but it worked quite well on a tablet. Took a little getting used to but once I got used to it it went pretty quickly. Still a little slower than with a keyboard, but a small price to pay for the power to throw it in my backpack and take a bike ride to some quiet woodsy place for some deep woods composing :)
I definitely wouldn't go smaller than a 7 inch screen. Everything works pretty good except the drop down menu is a little on the small side (found myself hitting the wrong stuff alot)
GreaseMonkey

Post by GreaseMonkey »

transient wrote: I definitely wouldn't go smaller than a 7 inch screen. Everything works pretty good except the drop down menu is a little on the small side (found myself hitting the wrong stuff a lot)
That's why you slide your finger down to the right option :) (Easier said than done though)
transient

Post by transient »

Yeah I eventually figured that out, but still hit the wrong thing every now and then.
transient

Re: First (real) tunes done with Sunvox (added another one)

Post by transient »