Sunvox Dubstep Track

Share your music here
Owl Exterminator

Sunvox Dubstep Track

Post by Owl Exterminator »

Hey folks,

So I've been doing lots of little experimentation with SunVox on my iPhone to keep me busy on my commutes every day. It's my first foray into the tracker software world, and I must say I'm loving it. The amount of control and detail is just astounding, even though sometimes a little too much for my head (sometimes a portamento on/off + glide time switch is much nicer than tons of 0003:0020 details).

But here's a big first from me. A first post on this forum, a first song I'm sharing like this, a first song I've made in SunVox, and the first dubstep track, and possibly the first SunVox dubstep piece. Why is there such a lack of dubstep on SunVox?

Comments/criticism very welcome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eLs7i9CsAo
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Sunvox Dubstep Track

Post by NightRadio »

Hello!

Very beautiful work, especially for iPhone! Thank you!
A little advice. Try to use some modules in LQ, LQmono and Mono modes. It does not always affect the quality, but this should reduce interface lags.
Thank you for using the SunVox!
Owl Exterminator

Post by Owl Exterminator »

Thanks!

Yeah when I first saw the quality parameter I was like, "Yeah, never gonna change that. HQ all the way." But yeah the interface really really lags, especially at the 30+ module stage.

I'm also having a bit of trouble keeping the levels manageable, since there aren't any meters until the actual output. But that's kind of fun, too. Thanks for making such an awesome interface!
organic io

Post by organic io »

Owl Exterminator wrote:I'm also having a bit of trouble keeping the levels manageable, since there aren't any meters until the actual output. But that's kind of fun, too. Thanks for making such an awesome interface!
Just gotta use your ears... But it would be cool if there was a multi-input mixer device which showed levels.
dubhatchet

Post by dubhatchet »

Mate, this is awesome!! Really demonstrates the capability of sunvox, as opposed to the endless "chiptune" tracks lol...you really know your way around synth design...is it all internal? I`d like to see some tutorials from you ...any chance?

Anyway, big up bruv!

P