Starting with macOS Sierra (10.12), any application distributed outside the Mac App Store runs from a randomized path. So the program can't correctly determine its home directory (where the app and all its files are located). What can go wrong:
- SunVox: loss of the previous session, incorrect copy/paste;
- Virtual ANS and other Pixilang-based apps: program can't start at all, and you will just see the Pixilang file selection window.
- strange workaround, but it works sometimes: move the APP to some other folder (using the Finder only!), then move it back;
- open Terminal and enter the following command: xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine "/PATH_TO_THE_APP/APP.app"; example: xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine "~/Desktop/virtual_ans/START_MACOS.app";
- right click on the APP -> show package content -> Contents -> MacOS -> double click on pixilang or sunvox;