Windows Phone 7 support?

organic io

Windows Phone 7 support?

Post by organic io »

Hey Nightradio. I'm looking at getting a mobile phone (I'm the last person on the planet to not have one) and I was looking into a couple of options. One of them is the LG Quantum C900, which runs Windows Phone 7. Will the CE/ARM version work on this? I was thinking that Windows phone 7 would be backwards compatible with all older Windows mobile/pocket PC apps, but I just did a search and saw that it's not !!!!! :no:

If not I'll more likely go with the Pantech P8000 which is Android (can be upgraded to 2.3)

My absolute bare minimum requirements for a phone are: GSM compatibility, a QWERTY keyboard, and Wifi. Anything else is just a bonus, but being able to run Sunvox is a pretty big bonus!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Windows Phone 7 support?

Post by NightRadio »

I'm afraid that WinCE version is not compatible with Windows Phone at all :(
organic io

Post by organic io »

OK, well, no problem! Actually that makes me glad that the offer on Craigslist for this phone on Saturday fell through. Now I'll keep my eyes on that Pantech P8000 :)

Alexander, You know you've written good software when it drives peoples' hardware purchases. Keep up the great work!
El Niño

Post by El Niño »

Hey organic io, I noticed your post and thought I should recommend to you that maybe you should go for something faster and with a bigger screen for sunvox. I had sunvox running on a 600MHz 512ram device for quite a while and it works fine but it did slow down after a while, experimenting with more and more modules and tracks. also the hardware keys are maybe not as useful as you would think for sunvox. dont want to sound annoying, i always read your posts on here and listened to your tracks, can see that you use sunvox alot so thought I should say
organic io

Post by organic io »

Hey El Nino, thanks for the advice. However with my budget I really can't afford anything faster. Currently I am used to running a 600mhz device (Mobilepro 900, overclocked to like 597mhz from stock 400mhz) and I max out the CPU on it all the time, and have to start bypassing modules :) , so I pretty much know what to expect.
The hardware keys are mostly so I can text my girlfriend, while we are in different rooms of the house. Honestly I don't plan on doing a lot of tracking on this device, but having the ability there would be nice. I may even use it as a live FX processor :)
organic io

Post by organic io »

Unless of course you know of something with GSM, wifi, qwerty, and a faster CPU that I can also get used for less than $50 USD. :D
organic io

Post by organic io »

OK my Pantech P8000 is in the mail!!!
faris

Post by faris »

what is the best way to keep files in sync on all the devices? Tred dropbox some time ago but it's crap on ipad.