Constant/Fixed Frequency?

E8_Heterotic

Constant/Fixed Frequency?

Post by E8_Heterotic »

Is there a way to get a generator to play a constant pitch, no matter what key is pressed/placed in the tracker? This could be used for various effects, including modulation where the modulator is always the same signal, no matter what the carrier signal is, or constant carrier/variable modulator. I can think of several other uses for it as well.

Of course, there is a roundabout way to do it by always triggering the generator with the same key in the tracker. However, this roundabout method is clunky, and it means that it's impossible to wrap the modulator and carrier together with a multisynth or metamodule. It also always uses up 2 tracks instead of 1. I was wondering if there's a more "elegant" way to do it.
Saltbearer

Re: Constant/Fixed Frequency?

Post by Saltbearer »

The MultiSynth's Options menu includes "Use static note C5" (which can be Transposed).
Attachments
constant C5 modulator.sunvox
(7.92 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
E8_Heterotic

Re: Constant/Fixed Frequency?

Post by E8_Heterotic »

Saltbearer wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:57 am The MultiSynth's Options menu includes "Use static note C5" (which can be Transposed).
Wow, that was incredibly easy! Now I feel silly for even asking. I know how to get SunVox to do most things, but I still don't know how to do all of them in the most efficient way possible.

Anyway, thanks for the fast reply.