Monophonic Generators (without clicking)? Live midi keyboard...

TheMonopluralist

Monophonic Generators (without clicking)? Live midi keyboard...

Post by TheMonopluralist »

I was trying to create patches to use via a midi keyboard/controller, that respond monophonically but I am having trouble.

If I set up a single generator then I can set its polyphony to be 1, but this results in the note ending abruptly when I trigger a new note if the current "voice" hasn't finished playing, i.e. it is still decaying or still sustained at the point the second note is triggered. I though maybe I could set up a multisynth module that would limit polyphony to one and bypass the problem, but couldn't find a way to do that.

I would (in an ideal world) like to create a patch that can be played in real time with a midi keyboard as if it was triggering a normal "analog"(-style) mono-synth. I know that I may not be able at this stage to have or control certain things like portamento(glide) when the second note is pressed, but would still like to be able to create a functionality whereby any attack/decay/lfo/etc envelopes aren't retriggered if the second key is pressed while the first note is still held, and without the clicking noise that has been so hard for me to get around so far. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, or could direct me towards a project or metamodule that deals with this sort of patching?

If anyone needs me to explain it better (or at least differently) I can try.

Tad
Koekepan

Re: Monophonic Generators (without clicking)? Live midi keyboard...

Post by Koekepan »

Use a Glide module as your control synth.

You can configure the glide module's portamento any way you like, and manage sustain through the synth module.
TheMonopluralist

Re: Monophonic Generators (without clicking)? Live midi keyboard...

Post by TheMonopluralist »

Excellent. I had somehow overlooked the glide module, and am very pleased to discover that it has a polyphony on/off switch that basically does most of what I want here. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.