Use metamodule as envelope generator

blacbeard

Use metamodule as envelope generator

Post by blacbeard »

I have found the metamodule is useful as an envelope generator. With a simple pattern and the slide automation effects, envelopes for parameters such as pitch can be made for more interesting synth patches.
nopcorp

Re: Use metamodule as envelope generator

Post by nopcorp »

Hi blacbeard, do you have an example metamodule that does what you are talking about. I'm intrigued.
blacbeard

Re: Use metamodule as envelope generator

Post by blacbeard »

Hi Nopcorp,
Here is an old school alpha juno hoover patch I made. Load the metamodule and play it, you can hear in the attack of the patch there is a quick pitch bend like you might hear in an old rave, gabba or jungle track. If you open the metamodule in edit mode you will see that this is achieved using the pitch slide effect commands.

Other obvious uses for this kind of envelope control would be for making kick drums like 808 kicks and so forth. 808 kicks rely on a basic sine wave with a very rapid pitch drop to generate the click.

On a completely different note, I hope anyone who is interested in the Sound2Ctrl generator will be interested in how I have used it to make an LFO to achieve a meaty PWM sound with the Square oscillator.
Attachments
Hoover.sunsynth
vaowww vaowww vaowwwww
(6.98 KiB) Downloaded 538 times