Anyone know how to line up reverse samples?

monoben

Anyone know how to line up reverse samples?

Post by monoben »

I'm trying to have reverse samples line up good. Anyone managed to work out how? I really want to have a little buildup before the song hits the chorus but lining the end of the reverse sample up with the start of the next part is proving tricky. Any ideas?
odoyle

Re: Anyone know how to line up reverse samples?

Post by odoyle »

As long as you've ended / begun the sample on the same zero-crossing, I guess the only thing left to do is experiment with the 1D command and sample offset/location. Really wishing Sunvox had Renoise's sample reverse command!
MelS

Post by MelS »

i always just cut the sample until i can hear it's smooth. sometimes a few ms delay will help too
odoyle

Post by odoyle »

+1 for a few ticks of 0D
The Handle

Post by The Handle »

I usually export the sample then bring it back in, then reverse it. That way I know it'll be the right length without having to guess.

Example:

Suppose I wanted to reverse a kick, but I want it to be 4 lines long. I would record it in a pattern that's 4 lines long, then export the track (making sure that this pattern is the only one being exported). Then I would create a new sampler and load the kick into it, select all (in the sampler), and reverse it.
monoben

Post by monoben »

Oh yeah I see, we can just export it the length we want it and reverse it after. Nice. Great stuff The Handle. Thanks!