Use sunvox as a midi controller keyboard

blacbeard

Use sunvox as a midi controller keyboard

Post by blacbeard »

Don't have a midi controller? No problems, use Sunvox!

1. Install loopbe1, Jack or midiyoke virtual midi port. Only need to install one of them, loopbe1 is what I use.
2. Open your other traditional sequencer and select your chosen virtual midi program as your midi input.
3. Open sunvox
4. Create multisynth and double click to bring up properties box. Multisynth doesn't need to be connected to output.
5. Select loopbe1 internal midi as midi out. Close dialog
6. You can navigate your other sequencer normally, but now if you raise sunvox from the task bar and play the qwerty keyboard notes on the multisynth, you can play note data into your sequencer and VST instruments that you have selected.
7. When you no longer need to enter notes, raise your sequencer to the front on your desktop and operate and edit normally.
UNLO

Re: Use sunvox as a midi controller keyboard

Post by UNLO »

im having a hard enough time just trying to get my Akai MPK 49 to send data to SunVOX over USB... this seems way over my head. LOL i'll be lucky if i can get this to work...btw only seems to be an issue on android. works great over windows and linux
lazzarello

Re: Use sunvox as a midi controller keyboard

Post by lazzarello »

I can follow up. On OS X you can enable the "IAC Driver" in the Audio And MIDI Setup under MIDI Devices. Open that utility, double click on the IAC Driver and check the box labeled "Device is online".

Then you will have this driver as an option to connect running applications via MIDI. My setup at the moment is Sunvox, Pure Data and NI Massive softsynth. All three speak over MIDI.