.wav export from Virtual ANS

Software simulator of the unique Russian synthesizer
mikusan

.wav export from Virtual ANS

Post by mikusan »

First of all thanks for this great instrument, it's a sound designer's dream :)

I'm a complete noob when it comes to Android devices, having acquired Nexus 7 tablet only a couple of weeks ago. I tried to export a virtual ANS creation to a .wav file - the 'render' process appears to be working, and a file is created, but when I connect the Nexus up to my PC (running Windows 7), I can't see the file I've created in the file explorer.

Any suggestions?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: .wav export from Virtual ANS

Post by NightRadio »

Hi! Thank you :)

Which directory did you use for saving?
Can you check this directory on the device directly?
mikusan

Post by mikusan »

Hi :) thanks for responding!

I used the default directory, the same place as the example files are stored (..storage/emulated/0/Android/data/nightradio.virtualans/files/projects/). I have a little more info now: I tried reading the .wav file back in from here and I got a sonagram which played back ok, so it looks like the .wav file is definitely getting created. The problem is, I want to copy the .wav file to my PC, but I can't see a virtualans directory in the explorer.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

But what directories do you see in PC explorer? On my computer i can find all Android apps in the Android directory
mikusan

Post by mikusan »

Sorry, I see what you mean now.

If I explore the Nexus in my PC, I can see the data folder in the Android directory, but there are no other folders for virtualans. By the way, I also have your brilliant SunVox, and I can see the nightradio.sunvox folders in the Android/data. But if I render a SunVox song to .wav, I can't see that file either...I'm beginning to wonder if this is a fault with the Nexus device.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

I can see the data folder in the Android directory, but there are no other folders for virtualans.
Hm... So there is no Android/data/nightradio.virtualans directory?
But if I render a SunVox song to .wav, I can't see that file either
Please make sure that you entered the WAV file name, then press ENTER, and then press OK.
mikusan

Post by mikusan »

NightRadio wrote:
I can see the data folder in the Android directory, but there are no other folders for virtualans.
Hm... So there is no Android/data/nightradio.virtualans directory?
But if I render a SunVox song to .wav, I can't see that file either
Please make sure that you entered the WAV file name, then press ENTER, and then press OK.
Thanks for trying to help, but I now believe this is a problem with the Nexus, not the app. I've installed a file browser on the Nexus and I can see the virtualans directory and its contents, including any .wav files I created. It's only when I connect the device to my PC and explore the device that the directory disappears.

I can see more of the Sunvox directory structure when I explore the Nexus using my PC, but not any newly-created .wav files.

I can work around it by e-mailing myself from the Nexus with the .wav file attached, or I could use a dropbox or GoogleDrive, so it's not the end of the world. :)
samrai katt kovboy

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

The problem could be that the connections to the computer have different USB inputs.
Think that both my computers have two inputs with USB 2.0 and one with 3.0 and it works much better using the 3.0 input.
Remember having similar problems with another phone I had...
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
Sensory Overload

Post by Sensory Overload »

samrai katt kovboy wrote:The problem could be that the connections to the computer have different USB inputs.
Think that both my computers have two inputs with USB 2.0 and one with 3.0 and it works much better using the 3.0 input.
Remember having similar problems with another phone I had...
Thank-you!!! You just may have solved a separate issue my friend and I had over the weekend with trying to pull his photo collection from his phone to my laptop!
I love these forums, you never know what answer will solve what issue! Sometimes you get help or ideas on something altogether different! :good: