AUv3 in iOS versions of SunVox

queries

AUv3 in iOS versions of SunVox

Post by queries »

I've been getting into using AudioUnits (AUv3) in iOS, and am really enjoying the use of my iPad more and my laptop less, for music creation. AudioUnits let you have a ton of instruments and effects going with less CPU load than separate apps... and you can have more than one instance of each app!

However, I am missing my beloved SunVox in this environment. :(

Example: I am finding myself purchasing a semimodular effect app that includes a bitcrusher with a kind of opaque interface to what's actually going on mathematically, when I wish I could just pop in a SunVox distortion module and set the bit depth and freq!

I would love love love to see SunVox.app include AudioUnit(s) that would work as a generator, instrument, or effect!

Wish list:

- Any .sunsynth file would be available as a preset
- Show a SunVox style UI exposing module's controllers
- Receive stereo audio
- Receive MIDI notes
- Receive MIDI CCs for controllers (or however those values are exposed in AUv3)
- Global BPM/TPL controls
- Option to sync tempo with host, including takeover of metamodule BPM/TPL (for example an effect that used synced LFOs)
Jocphone

Re: AUv3 in iOS versions of SunVox

Post by Jocphone »

Yes an AudioUnit version of SunVox for iOS but also Mac OSX would be sublime.
rezidue

Post by rezidue »

I'd love to see AU3 support and the ability to use it as an instrument or effects plugin.
Jocphone

Post by Jocphone »

In this prevailing year AUv3 plugins have become the defacto standard on iOS.
Most of the host software that exists on this platform supports AUv3 now.

Due to the low cpu usage and easy programmability of SunVox it would make a brilliant source of AUv3 effects and instruments on the platform.

Is there any chance this is going to happen?
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

How would a song made this way be transferable/shareable with other devices?
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

I think Jocphone meant the SunVox as AUv3 module for other hosts.
I'm working on it, as well as on the VST-version of SunVox. But I still can't say when exactly it will be finished. Definitely not in v1.9.4.
Balrog

Post by Balrog »

Great news!
If you wanted to monetise there's a need for an AUV3 midi stream recorder at the moment.
gdog

Post by gdog »

Yes! Excellent news @NightRadio :) Thanks for the continued updates - looking forward to AU support!
obijohn

Post by obijohn »

NightRadio wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:48 pm I think Jocphone meant the SunVox as AUv3 module for other hosts.
I'm working on it, as well as on the VST-version of SunVox. But I still can't say when exactly it will be finished. Definitely not in v1.9.4.
I gotta admit this is super exciting! Since AUv3 supports audio and MIDI FX now, my mind is reeling and giddy at the implications. It was fantastic seeing iOS get some love in 1.9.4 but AUv3 coming? Wow! You might want to consider having the AUv3 version as a separate app in the App Store for an extra revenue stream. Just a thought, but I know there are many iOS musicians who would buy the AUv3 version just because it’s AUv3. On the other hand, the StepPolyArp dev got some hate for doing this, so it’s a tough call. I for one would gladly pay a second time for the SunVox as AUv3. Wouldn’t hurt to get some feedback from the community as it gets closer to release.
gdog

Post by gdog »

I'd definitely pay for AUv3! :Yahoo!:
Jocphone

Post by Jocphone »

Would definitely buy the AUv3 version again. Like obijohn said, the possibilities of this are mind blowing.
bifurcating

Post by bifurcating »

NightRadio wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:48 pm I think Jocphone meant the SunVox as AUv3 module for other hosts.
Hello, I just joined this forum and I wanted to ask if there was any update on the status of AUv3 implementation on iOS? I’m sorry if it’s been addressed elsewhere.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

I'm working on it, but I can't say exactly when and in which version it will be finished. Sorry. Maybe in 1.9.5. Maybe in 1.9.6.