Distribute notes evenly in highlighted region

El Nino

Distribute notes evenly in highlighted region

Post by El Nino »

Sometimes building triplets and quintuplets with delay commands in trackers can be a bit of a headache, especially when 'ticks per line' or 'lines per beat' settings have been altered from the default.

I checked out some of the user-created tools over on the renoise forum and came across this one:

"Place Selected Notes Evenly"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8cMsS-fM98

That is such a great idea. You can highlight any number of lines and place all the notes within the highlighting evenly. The delay commands are added automatically so quintuplets, short and long triplets are made easy.

That kind of idea could be taken further and have different strum types for one line highlights (extra short strum, short strum, medium strum, long strum, extra-long strum - all these but with other conditions, highest note to lowest note etc.)

On the other hand, some of the hardcore tracker people on the internet would say that this kind of thing is like asking for a kind of spoonfeeding feature, when you can already work it all out by yourself if you use a calculator and a note-book...

Anyway, I thought that tool was a good idea when I watched that video.