El Nino

Improvements in sampler module

Post by El Nino »

Improvements in the sample editor a la renoise sample editor

http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Sampler
WaxingAndWaning

Re: Improvements in sampler module

Post by WaxingAndWaning »

I see your point in this, however renoise screwed themselves by making the DAW information held in RAM instead of DFD. You get a smattering of multi-velocity 24-bit XRNI instruments loaded up & all of a sudden ur at 2 gigs of RAM being used!! Defeats the purpose of using a tracker, in my book.
As to SunVox it would ne NICE if it could at least import a soundfont instrument & map it correctly, even if it was single-layer. XI instruments are somewhat low quality. I've had many great sounds in SF2 when converted to XI & previewing I just say "WTF Happened? It doesn't even sound near as good as the soundfont!".
queries

Post by queries »

WaxingAndWaning wrote:As to SunVox it would ne NICE if it could at least import a soundfont instrument & map it correctly, even if it was single-layer. XI instruments are somewhat low quality. I've had many great sounds in SF2 when converted to XI & previewing I just say "WTF Happened? It doesn't even sound near as good as the soundfont!".
Unless NightRadio is planning to add SF2 import to SunVox itself, I will try to create a SF2 to MetaModule converter for Solar Sails MMCK in the next month or two. (Solar Sails is a desktop companion app for SunVox that I've been building, and MMCK is the MetaModule Construction Kit portion of it)

SunVox can handle some pretty complex routing, and has support for 32-bit float samples, so I'm sure we can figure something out that sounds great. :)
WaxingAndWaning

Post by WaxingAndWaning »

Wow, that sounds great friend! I just got back into Sunvox after a vacation (last version I used was 1.8.1) Looks like it's grown up a bit, some nice additions & some of the demo tunes sound pretty killer. SunVox has great sounding generator modules for that 'digital' sound but the sampler sure needs attention.
Last night I did an experiment & took a single velocity SF2 & converted to XI Then loaded up into Sunvox. Then I took the very same SF2 & loaded it into Caustic. Caustic sounded good (not Great) but SunVox sounded horrible. It's a rough one when you want to use organic sounds in SunVox.
So Bravo & thanks for your time & trouble on that project. SunVox is superb for the digital sound, if we can just get decent organic sounds from a sampler format then it would be the best.