UI tweaks and expanded toolbar

a1matt

UI tweaks and expanded toolbar

Post by a1matt »

As it is my first post here, I'll start by saying hi Alex and all and let you know I am having a lot of fun with sunvox.

I have some feature requests for consideration.

1. The musical keyboard on the main interface has arrows allowing it to be resized. Could the same resize arrows be added to all instances of the musical keyboard (e.g. on the load module view and the load view of the sampler).

2. Amend the floating 'transpose' box to have the same UI as the floating 'toolbar'. I.e. remove the close button and add the minimise and close icons in top right.

3. Allow the 'toolbar' to be customised by adding/removing buttons to it. Maybe by adding an 'add/remove from toolbar' option inside the preferences/interface/shortcut screen and/or a new manage toolbar screen. (A possible issue with this is ensuring the text labels for the buttons is succinct so that the buttons aren't too large.)

I have a few other ideas, but they are all covered already from other users. I will reiterate the three of them that would be most useful to me. No need to respond to these,
as I know you already have in the past.

1. Ability to combine patterns (I see this is on the roadmap already).

2. Ability to play looped section. (I visualise the UI for this as click and drag in the timeline to set the loop start and end, and a fourth play button to play the loop. With 'snap to' options to make the click and drag more precise.)

3. Midi input for class compliant interfaces on Android (I imagine your fed up hearing this request!).

FWIW, I am using sunvox on Android (Samsung galaxy note2).

/requests.

I have demoed various DAWs on PC over the years, even had a dabble with hardware synths and samplers in the 90s, but never really got anywhere (the whole learning curve was just too much for me).

I've used sunvox for 2 months now and got further with it than anything else to date. It's very inspiring and immediate. Thank you for creating it.

Happy holidays to you and yours.
squidmissile

Re: UI tweaks and expanded toolbar

Post by squidmissile »

a1matt wrote: 2. Amend the floating 'transpose' box to have the same UI as the floating 'toolbar'. I.e. remove the close button and add the minimise and close icons in top right.
Maybe this should be applied to all the floating panes. Not just transpose but the remap, interpolator and maybe even the theremin panes as well. On mobile versions of SunVox this would allow more screen space when working with some of the larger floating panes that one may need to have open for a relatively long time, specifically the interpolator pane (especially on devices with a screen smaller than 5 inches).

It would just overall be a really huge help to those using mobile versions of SunVox. +1
a1matt

Re: UI tweaks and expanded toolbar

Post by a1matt »

That takes the idea forward nicely, thanks squidmissile :beer: