LFO to controller

jbw

LFO to controller

Post by jbw »

Would be great to be able to use the LFO module to oscillate another module's controller. Would just have to add "Controller" to the output options ("Type"), then also a slider to indicate which specific controller.

Well, to the interface at least, I know more work goes into it than that.
queries

Re: LFO to controller

Post by queries »

You can use Sound2Ctl to translate LFO output into controller changes.
jbw

Post by jbw »

queries wrote:You can use Sound2Ctl to translate LFO output into controller changes.
How? I just tried a simple LFO>Sound2Ctl>Controller and it did nothing.
queries

Post by queries »

Sorry, that was too simplistic an explanation. I forgot some critical components :-)

What you want is Amplifier w/ DC offset -> LFO -> Sound2Ctl -> (Module to Control) -> ...

I've attached an example of using a LFO to control duty cycle on a square wave generator.
Attachments
2016-09-26 13-55.sunvox
(2.86 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
queries

Post by queries »

A tip with Sound2Ctl - it starts modifying controllers in the destination module right away, and will zero stuff out in your destination module's controllers when you start cycling through the "out controller" values.

Best way of getting around this that I've found, without having to reset or undo anything, is to choose the "out controller" value in sound2ctl before hooking up sound2ctl output to your destination.
jbw

Post by jbw »

Thanks, never would have figured that out, did not know the Amp module sent a signal on it's own.
queries

Post by queries »

Yeah I didn't know about that myself until I watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Gn6-6lAMg