Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and ARM 64 version

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
theorize

Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and ARM 64 version

Post by theorize »

Is anyone using the ARM64 version with the 3B+?

I can't get it to run, although I'm not sure how much of a difference it will make for me right now , I'm just doing simple stuff for now, been in kind of a creative rut for a while.
SkrappJaw

Re: Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and ARM 64 version

Post by SkrappJaw »

Yup. It took a few tries. Use a USB audio interface. Something simple like a those tiny behringers with rca iO. Disable the on board audio and overclock. You need a hefty psu (I use a 25watt phone charger with plenty of amps) that can deliver clean consistent power and a nice cooling solution. And for some reason it will eventually start to chug. I have to reboot sunvox at least once an hour. Not good for stage performances.
theorize

Re: Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and ARM 64 version

Post by theorize »

Thanks for the reply, i have a focusrite 2i2 that i use with it, whatever power supply I'm using with it seems to get the job done. The past couple months i havent had everything set up though... life gets crazy sometimes. I recently got a roland synth and im hoping to get everything set up this week, i cant wait to start sampling it :)

Im excited to try out different effect chains placed before the sampler... i love the fact that sunvox can do this.