Question about Metamodule/MultiCtrl Sliders

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
hseiken

Question about Metamodule/MultiCtrl Sliders

Post by hseiken »

Is there an option I'm missing somewhere to make low value sliders snap between values? I.e. if I set a multiCTRL to have a range of 0 and 1, is there an option somewhere that makes it so it's either hard left or hard right? And likewise for other lower values (like 16 values for instance?)

Thanks for any help in advance.
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
queries

Re: Question about Metamodule/MultiCtrl Sliders

Post by queries »

Look into the "quantization" controller of MultiCtl. It causes the output values to snap to however many levels you specify. With a little math and/or experimentation you can adjust the gain controller to cause the crossover points to occur at different places across the range of inputs.
Saltbearer

Post by Saltbearer »

As far as I know, you're stuck with 32,768 as the displayed range.

It's easy enough to use a max-DC amplifier's Invert with a Sound2Ctl for a switch. For more than two values... I haven't put much thought into it. It crossed my mind while making the horned band filter yesterday. Maybe something like LP/HP/BP/Notch on the basic Filter module could be tuned to four different values? With constant noise signals at different ranges/volumes? Might be able to figure out something convoluted there.
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

@Queries I was hoping there was some hidden option on quantization to make it snap. I've played around with the values and got some stuff working so it's a little 'intuitive'.

@Saltbearer, no need for that, no sense in making a 40 machine catastrophe for minor gains in final outcome. At some point, "Law of Diminishing Returns" takes effect. :p
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
Saltbearer

Post by Saltbearer »

This kinda works. The filename says so.
well it kinda works.sunvox
(14.16 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

Not quite sure by the demo what I'm looking at. Are you using the filter selection to create a 4 step value on the amp?
Saltbearer

Post by Saltbearer »

ye

Not sure if it's useful yet. The filename doesn't say so.
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

I can work with this concept maybe. I have a use for it on a current machine I'm working on, I'll try to fit in and get back on the thread as to success rate.