portable sunvox on windows

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
geoslake

portable sunvox on windows

Post by geoslake »

Hi guys, just discovered Sunvox and beginning to slowly understand how a tracker works, loving it (long time fl studio and reaper user so not an easy task).
Already bought the android version, a bit harder without keyboard but still amazing.

On windows I want all of my apps to be portable, storing their settings in their own folders.
So is it possible to achieve this in sunvox, instead of using th roaming default folder, which is not clean and makes backups painful ?

Thanks !
hseiken

Re: portable sunvox on windows

Post by hseiken »

The roaming should only be storing your preferences for keyboard shortcuts, template song, fullscreen, font sizes, etc. I personally move between multiple windows machines and android just fine using the vanilla folder setup for songs/instruments/effects. Once you set it for the machine once, you don't need to worry about much, tbh. If there's something else you need to be portable, ask about it because I personally don't do anything 'crazy' between the machines as a lot of other people do.
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!