Sunvox pitch shifter scales

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
annahahn

Sunvox pitch shifter scales

Post by annahahn »

Hello
I'm currently trying to build a harmonizer for incoming audio using a series of pitch shifters but I'm running into two issues I wanted to ask about

From what I can tell the pitch parameters for the pitch shifter module are not setup according to a musical scale, if I wanted to map this such that the pitch slider was equivalent to a 1-128 chromatic midi note scale, how would I configure the module? I'm imagining it has to do with the pitch scale slider however I can't seem to figure out what the proper setting would be for it to align with a musical scale properly

Is there a way to have pitch shifters all receiving the same midi data but have each pitch shifter offset a different amount? The goal here is to create a harmonizing pitch shifter so for example if the first shifter shifts 12 notes up, the second shifts 24, the third 36 etc? I could do this by remapping the incoming midi data for each pitch shifter however if there is a way to do this internally, is there a way to offset the individual pitch shifters within sunvox?

Thanks!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Sunvox pitch shifter scales

Post by NightRadio »

Hello!
I wanted to map this such that the pitch slider was equivalent to a 1-128 chromatic midi note scale, how would I configure the module?
Here is the Pitch Shifter maths :)
Pitch unit = semitone / 10
One semitone (in the Pitch controller) = 10
For example, if you want to raise the pitch by 12 semitones: Pitch = 12 * 10 = 120.
Is there a way to have pitch shifters all receiving the same midi data but have each pitch shifter offset a different amount?
It's a good question... :) Seems i should add the Offset parameter to the MultiCtl and Pitch Shifter modules. Now i don't see other ways to do this.
queries

Post by queries »

Perhaps there's a way to load a certain table into the MultiCtl curve that would implement such an offset?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Perhaps there's a way to load a certain table into the MultiCtl curve that would implement such an offset?
Yes, seems it is the only solution now
annahahn

Post by annahahn »

Hi nightradio. Thanks so much for this. What should the third parameter (pitch scale) be set to in order to achieve a 10=1 semitone scale for the second parameter(pitch)? My understanding is the pitch setting works relative to the scale determined in the third parameter, is this correct?

Thank you so much!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

What should the third parameter (pitch scale) be set to in order to achieve a 10=1 semitone scale for the second parameter(pitch)? My understanding is the pitch setting works relative to the scale determined in the third parameter, is this correct?
Yes :)
The final pitch = Pitch * Scale / 100
So you should set Scale to 10