Exporting a MIDI file as WAV?

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
ValourWinds

Exporting a MIDI file as WAV?

Post by ValourWinds »

Exactly as the title suggests. So I took a song, sequenced by someone as general MIDI, successfully imported it into Sunvox. Spent forever tweaking and getting it to my liking, and when I went to go "export" the the song to WAV, so I can listen to it as an audio file, or bring it into a separate DAW, it just will not export.. :S

I keep seeing the exporting buffer process happening, per se, like the bar loads, and I see all my notes and oscillations playing as the song skips along to be processed, however when I look in the locations I exported them too, (places as obvious at the desktop on my Mac), nowhere to be found??

I assumed maybe it was a problem with converting general MIDI to WAV, so.. I exported it as a midi file, low and behold, it turns up on the desktop, however, it is back to GM sounds.. nothing as awesome as I tweaked or created, in SunVox.. :(

Halppp! :(

Idk if SunVox doesnt have this function or driver or w/e, but it is a very good idea. Worst case, I do have an audio interface, it is the Presonus Audiobox, would anyone be savvy enough to guide me into "printing audio through that, if possible?

Anyways, any suggestions would be awesome, thanks.:D
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Exporting a MIDI file as WAV?

Post by NightRadio »

Hi ValourWinds!

One question :) Can you export to WAV some other SunVox songs (not MIDI)? Some song from the examples folder.
ValourWinds

Post by ValourWinds »

Yes! I have a few other demos from SunVox that exported perfectly fine as WAV, to my knowledge. First try with a MIDI file though, no luck. :/
ValourWinds

Post by ValourWinds »

Yeah, it seems like no MIDI files will export.. :(
ValourWinds

Post by ValourWinds »

Actually.. I just noticed.. all of a sudden.. nothing seems to export as WAV.. :/... Everytime, even just a regular sunvox session, I'll program in two notes.. go export, put it to the desktop.. I see the export happen, in sunvox.. but nothing.. O_o
ValourWinds

Post by ValourWinds »

But yes, I do have two WAV files exported from SunVox from earlier dates (not too long ago), that seem to have exported to WAVs perfectly fine.. :S
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

May be something wrong with directories?
Please try to export song to some file like my_song.wav And then try to find this file on your computer though the Finder.
ValourWinds

Post by ValourWinds »

It worked!! But, I had to call it.. "my_song.wav".. doesnt sunvox designate the file format on its own?? WEIRD.. tysm for your help though sir ^^
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Ah.. i think i understand what the problem :) You tried to export song to WAV without the name. Am i right?
Of course it is the bug of SunVox, but anyway check the file name always.