SunVox v1.7.3 BETA 2

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
Kolba

Re: SunVox v1.7.3 BETA 2

Post by Kolba »

Ah I see. Then I'll try to get used to it without that)
jcage

Post by jcage »

Thats a matter of style. I got used to it. (The whole song scrolling is a psychodelic bonus, of course). Actually SV can do so much things I ever dreamed of, that I forget about the minor issues (like clicks n' pops). If we ever get a plugin interface like vst/ladspa I promise to provide a state of the art reverberation algorithm.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

NightRadio wrote: I'm afraid it is not possible at all :) Because you can't say definitely which pattern to show next. Second pattern on the timeline may be shifted or intersected with other patterns.
You could just have it follow the pattern that is closest to the first selected pattern first, and then whichever one is closest to that one from there, and so forth. Or, even follow one of the currently playing patterns randomly. Alternatively, you could make the line follow whichever pattern you have selected whenever possible (currently, the pattern that is being followed has to finish before 'focus' can switch to another one).
facesonflags

Post by facesonflags »

re: maemo input

I tried out the new beta and can't get the input module to record to sample without clicks and echoes. I set sampler to Record Lo Fi in the simplest chain I could.
Maybe I'm expecting too much from a slower computer. If there's nothing to be done, I'll have to find people who don't mind clicks and echoes in music..
Thanks for the new module and linux features!
av
gilzad

Post by gilzad »

SolarLune wrote:
NightRadio wrote: I'm afraid it is not possible at all :) Because you can't say definitely which pattern to show next. Second pattern on the timeline may be shifted or intersected with other patterns.
You could just have it follow the pattern that is closest to the first selected pattern first, and then whichever one is closest to that one from there, and so forth. Or, even follow one of the currently playing patterns randomly. Alternatively, you could make the line follow whichever pattern you have selected whenever possible (currently, the pattern that is being followed has to finish before 'focus' can switch to another one).
If the timeline cursor had a dragable ball, this could become the pattern follower. The pattern, that is covered by the pattern follower, will be scrolled in the pattern editor. Example:
facesonflags wrote:re: maemo input
I tried out the new beta and can't get the input module to record to sample without clicks and echoes. I set sampler to Record Lo Fi in the simplest chain I could.
Maybe I'm expecting too much from a slower computer.
If it's a slow computer, maybe you get better results by increasing the buffer size in menu->preferences->audio->buffer .
facesonflags

Post by facesonflags »

That helped, increasing the buffer. The audio driver is another thing, though choosing Auto did some good. Trying to make live input filters that don't feedback is the current challenge. No help needed there, thanks.
count0

Post by count0 »

On 64-bit linux, after I changed the option to show text keyboard from AUTO to YES and restart, the sunvox window maximizes, but the tracker itself doesn't fill the whole screen.

Works fine before the restart and option change.

In fact, this happens after any option change that requires a restart. Maximizing the window does not maximize the tracker interface, and leaves blank space around it.

And I just noticed 1.7.2b has the same behavior.. By the way, what does the "Show text keyboard" option do anyway? I can't seem to notice a difference.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

count0,
Is the maximizing works fine right after the first SunVox launch?
What is your distro and window manager?

When "Show text keyboard" is enabled, try to click on some text field - this will bring up the window with virtual text keyboard.
count0

Post by count0 »

Nightradio,

I'm running Arch Linux 64. XFCE. Latest kernel and intel drivers.

And yes, it only happens after the forced restart. On initial launch, its works fine.
dusicyon

Post by dusicyon »

I don't know if it was already reported, but when I export any music to wav, and then try to open another .sunvox file, the program crashes. Running on a Windows 7 machine.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

dusicyon,
unfortunately i failed to reproduce your bug on my machine :( Please send me your songs (which you trying to export, and which you trying to load after export) on nightradio@gmail.com
Also please tell me your WAV export options. 16bit, One file ?