SunVox Changelog and Development Status

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
hypocritus

Re: SUNVOX V1.7.2: DEVELOPMENT STATUS

Post by hypocritus »

Hi nightradio. I am thinking about buying this app for android. But doesn't the current user's manual say that for ARM cpus, the audio will be processed at 13-bits?

My phone is an EVO 3D. It's a dual-core ARM CPU @ 1.2Ghz, running gingerbread.

So, if i bought Sunvox, would my audio be crippled or limited to 13-bit processing at any of the stages?

- Robbie
hypocritus

Post by hypocritus »

hypocritus wrote:Hi nightradio. I am thinking about buying this app for android. But doesn't the current user's manual say that for ARM cpus, the audio will be processed at 13-bits?

My phone is an EVO 3D. It's a dual-core ARM CPU @ 1.2Ghz, running gingerbread.

So, if i bought Sunvox, would my audio be crippled or limited to 13-bit processing at any of the stages?

- Robbie
Sorry, a little more info. I want to record and/or playback multiple audio samples at a minimum of 16-bits. I see that the description says that it supports 16-bit and higher audio. I am just trying to make sure that i'll be able to manipulate and master audio at 16-bit or higher. My CPU is an ARM v7 NEON. I have a few apps installed that do record in and manipulate 16-bit 48 khz audio.

- Robbie
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Hello!
Your CPU is very powerful and can process 32bit sound. But in spite of this, current version of SunVox for ARM has 13bit output on master.
There are technical reasons for it.
hypocritus

Post by hypocritus »

NightRadio wrote:Hello!
Your CPU is very powerful and can process 32bit sound. But in spite of this, current version of SunVox for ARM has 13bit output on master.
There are technical reasons for it.
Hey, thank you for your quick response!

Ok, I will wait to buy this app. If somehow in the future this limit is moved to 16 bits or higher, if i haven't met my needs yet with another app or a combination of apps, you should have my business! But this app is at present one-of-a-kind!

Thank you again so much for the clarification,

- Robbie (hypocritus...A...T...g.m.a.i.l..c.o.m)
organic io

Post by organic io »

What about releasing 2 different ARM versions? A 13 bit for slow devices like mine, and 16+ bits for faster devices like his? Or may I suggest again, a bit depth selector in the .ini file would solve all these problems :)

But of course I don't know what your technical reasons are and they are most likely beyond my non-coder mind :)
organic io

Post by organic io »

Bug report:

It has to do with Standard effect 04 (Vibrato).

The "Frequency" values have some very strange behavior.

From the manual: PPPP = FFAA; FF - frequency; AA - amplitude

OK, so FF should be a range of values between 00 and FF ... Or... No?

For example, if you use multiples of 30 (30, 60, 90, C0), it doesn't do anything. Also 50 actually is slower than 40.

But what I think I am realizing right now is that the maximum value is not FF, but much less. But what is it? Could you add this to the documentation?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

You can read this in documentation:
FF - frequency (examples of values: 20 - one period per line; 40 - two periods per line)

Here are another examples of values:
10 - 0.5 periods per line (one period per two lines)
08 - 0.25 periods per line

Lower values - higher frequency.
hadders

Post by hadders »

Any chance you could make a webOS version? There are some touchpad users that would love an app like this
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Sorry, i'm afraid there is no chance for WebOS...
Jonah

Post by Jonah »

How about a wii version? I'd buy it.
EuPhobos

Post by EuPhobos »

Привет, как на счёт звука 5.1 ? Планируется ли добавить больше каналов, чем просто стерео?
The Handle

Post by The Handle »

NightRadio,

Could you work on getting different waveforms for the LFOs? I think it'd be really cool to have the "draw a waveform" option like the dirty generator has.
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

The Handle wrote:NightRadio,

Could you work on getting different waveforms for the LFOs? I think it'd be really cool to have the "draw a waveform" option like the dirty generator has.
Very good idea that I wholly advise. I suppose the Envelope might actually do this, though, It would be nice to be able to have a unique waveform for both volume, pitch, and panning, and scale the speed of the envelope playback by the pitch of the note playing it.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

как на счёт звука 5.1 ? Планируется ли добавить больше каналов, чем просто стерео?
В планах такое есть, но из на низкого приоритета этой задачи до реализации пока не дошло )
Added to to-do list :)
The Handle

Re: SUNVOX V1.7.3: DEVELOPMENT STATUS

Post by The Handle »

Would it be possible to save a chain of modules? As in, select the first module, second, third, etc., then save the chain? The time it takes me to move sounds to different projects would be significantly decreased (a lot of my sounds require at least 4-5 modules).