SunVox To-Do List

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
Anforium

Re: SunVox To-Do List

Post by Anforium »

blacbeard wrote:My final suggestion which would allow a greater range of sounds is to introduce a Soundfont module. Soundfonts would be a good first choice because of the range available and the files can be contained within the project file for portability.
Yesssss, I really want sf2 support. However, there should be an option to simply link to the sf2 instead of containing it in the project file, because some Soundfonts can be hundreds of MBs
jph

Post by jph »

just to stick my nose in the VST debate,. I would rather NOT see it, as there already are so many options for vst hosts,. BUZZ, Renoise, etc. if you need the sound why not just sample it vrom the vst and bring it into SunVox? Same thing for soundfonts,. how are they different/better from the current sampler?? I thought they where just samples, with some meta data for loops and such.

I would much rather see more simple Modules that we can build into unique networks/instruments compositions in SunVox. As well more control from physical controllers,. Pitchbend/Mod Wheel, and After-Touch being rather useful for live playing,. and live imputing for performance capture.
Anforium

Post by Anforium »

jph wrote:Same thing for soundfonts,. how are they different/better from the current sampler?? I thought they where just samples, with some meta data for loops and such.
That's basically what they are; however, there is no simple way of converting .sf2 instruments to .xi so it would be nice to have access to vast libraries of Soundfont instruments online
xaccrocheur

Post by xaccrocheur »

I want a VirtualANS module or else I'll cry :O:
Yassin Philip - Check out My music =@
samrai katt kovboy

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

That's basically what they are; however, there is no simple way of converting .sf2 instruments to .xi so it would be nice to have access to vast libraries of Soundfont instruments online
There is a software called Awave Studio that can convert all kinds of sampler formats amongst others to XI instruments called Awave Studio. It is 99 $ but have a trial for thirty days that may be enough to convert a bunch of instrument into XI...
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
cactice

Post by cactice »

Hello NightRadio!
First of all I really enjoy making songs on sunvox and I want to thank you for making this awsome app.

I use iphone and in the last update I noticed that there was a new feature added, to enable opening sunvox compatible documents from other apps, but the wav file was not supported.

Can you support wav files too?

Thank you!
Last edited by cactice on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xaccrocheur

Re: SunVox To-Do List ("record on play")

Post by xaccrocheur »

I don't know if that was discussed before.

What about a sampler option, like a "record on play" tickbox, that would start recording only when a play command is issued?

That way, we would have sample-perfect timing in playback (providing you don't change the BPM/TPL of course) and could line up vocal & instrument takes, and listen to them on the fly w/o having to tediously edit them to remove the (always variable) amout of blank before the start. I hope I'm making sense.

Hey by the while we're at it, I never dared to (even though about) open .mod files with SunVox before the home page announce, and now the house is full of sound, so it's gonna be a really cool summer, hello to everybody on this forum :beer:
Last edited by xaccrocheur on Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samrai katt kovboy

Great and simple idea!
goldencut

Post by goldencut »

Hi,
This thread is getting BIG, too big to read through every time....
So maybe it has been mentioned before here, but I'd find it really useful if the toolbar controls (undo, redo etc) and most critical file menu functions (save, save as..) would be integrated into main interface as icons. They could be positioned maybe on the lower horizontal bar, similarly to playback controls on the upper bar; maybe 'save', 'save as...' icons on the left, toolbar's icons on the right, to keep them separate, if desired. Since undo and redo icons are already available (in file menu) only save, 'save as...', cut, copy, paste and duplicate icons need to be created. I could try to come up with them if it would help. If this clutters the interface for some, maybe showing them could be made optional via preferences.

Btw. does anyone know how to get the old SunVox' 'light gray background-dark lines' look with new SunVox? I really liked the old, pre-theming SunVox color scheme...

Thanks,
G.
AJHunter

Post by AJHunter »

My two cents on VST support: I don't know if I'd beinterested in VSTi support, as building instruments is one of the most fun things about Sunvox, but VST effects would be pretty great, especially on the master chain. Only issues I could see with this is that it would add possibly pricey dependencies to metamodules, and it would necesitate probably WINE integration on linux (like how LMMS does it).

Also, any word on the time signatures? I'd guess it'd just be a matter ofchanging pattern length presets (16/32/64 etc.) to fit other time signatures (3/4 would be 12/24/48, for example) and then adjusting the shading in the track pane, but idk much about theory so I might be wrong.
foodeater

Post by foodeater »

xaccrocheur wrote:I don't know if that was discussed before.

What about a sampler option, like a "record on play" tickbox, that would start recording only when a play command is issued?

That way, we would have sample-perfect timing in playback (providing you don't change the BPM/TPL of course) and could line up vocal & instrument takes, and listen to them on the fly w/o having to tediously edit them to remove the (always variable) amout of blank before the start. I hope I'm making sense.
it'd be cool if there was an "arm" toggle switch and you could target it with pattern automation or a sound2ctrl.

or 1 shot toggle for 1st note on it gets starts recording for a specified amount of time. then you could use a multi synth to trigger it and whatever it's sampling.
xaccrocheur

Post by xaccrocheur »

Wow, that would really be a cool thing too. Like a "record" standard effect.
xaccrocheur

Automated bypass/mute

Post by xaccrocheur »

What I'm also really missing is the possibility to completely bypass/engage a given module for a given time.

You know, in every other DAW you can (using automation) un/mute every instrument/effect at the lowest level.
We already have this "low-level" control blocks : It's the mute/bypass group present on every module.
If only we could automate those, we would have an additional level of control over what is going on.

So those are my two wishes for Sunvox 1.8

- Record on play
- Low level (mute/bypass) module command/effect
Last edited by xaccrocheur on Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
samrai katt kovboy

Record on play is what is missing to make SunVox easily do everything!
Hoping for this to be implemented soon so I can stop to go to reaper for recording instruments and vocals that line up without problem to the material.
SolarLune

Re: SunVox To-Do List ("record on play")

Post by SolarLune »

xaccrocheur wrote:What about a sampler option, like a "record on play" tickbox, that would start recording only when a play command is issued?
In addition to this, an ability to record MIDI input (like, from keyboards or your computer keyboard) when you start pressing keys.